Solid Sports Sedan
By Jpmerrill on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I picked up this car after my last one died without considering much else. I always liked the utility of four doors but wanted something sporty and equipped with a 5 or 6 spd, the Mazda seemed like an amazing value and I always admired the looks. The v6 is a solid piece, good for cruising and supplying passing power on the highway but a little weak before 3k RPMS. The manual transmission is a treat and one of the slickest shifting operations I've used. Interior quality is better then what you pay for and the exterior has a fantastic and pleasant appeal. Gas mileage is marginally good, but I did opt for the v6 so any complaint is self inflicted. Overall love the car and the value it offers.
Favorite Features
Sporty queues on the exterior and well equipped suspension and drive train to back it up. I'll also admit that I like the way the chrome fuel door looks too and the classy/sporty interior were every number seems to be italicized.
Suggested Improvements
Integrate an MP3 player jack on the audio cluster, a little bit more pep out of the engine without changing displacement, better low end gearing/tuning to get up to speed with out running the engine out in first.