2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Can I buy another, please?

2005 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

s Sport Wagon (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Can I buy another, please?
By a_mightywind on

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've found this to be a terrific car. It's not your typical stodgy wagon. It is fun to drive, the interior fittings are excellent as is the build quality. I still love the aggressive exterior styling. They're not being offered in Canada anymore but, I'm told, they are being offered in Europe. I hope that situation changes because I would be another for sure.

Attention to detail in the interior. It's a very well fitted out and it's designed to enhance the driving experience. Controls fall easily to hand. The tilting and telescoping wheel makes fine tuning ones' driving position easy. I know it sounds trite but I do like the serious cupholders. The red lit dash does not interfere with night vision. Exterior styling. Who says a wagon has to be boring? Not Mazda, thank goodness.

Clutch is too frail. Needs to last more than 70,000 km. I'm now on my 3rd clutch and it's an expensive replacement (~C$1,800). I live in hilly terrain with congested roads so I suspect that's part of the problem. Radio reception is poor. Needs a little more oomph. Original starter failed early. Dealer recommended 3rd party replacement which is not working well. Next service I will insist on OEM replacement.