2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Love my Mazda 6 (5-Door Hatchb

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Review

Love my Mazda 6 (5-Door Hatchback)
By sdanthny on

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 in early 2006 and still own it. It's paid off, has been without warranty for 2 years and I have not had any problems with the car warranting me to shell out money to get it fixed (besides regular maintenance of course). Luckily for me, any of the problems I have had with the car were rectified when I still had a warranty. Needless to say, I have 60k miles, 80% life on my brakes left (changed in '08 due to a caliper flaw) and the car purrs like it did brand new. I must say the car does NOT sound like a 6 yr old car. It still is flashy on the road (bright red) and is a blast to drive on the freeway flying by everyone else in their mundane vehicles. Hell yeah to Mazda!

Styling, performance/great mid-range gearing, reliability, quality interior materials, and functionality of the 5-door.

Small tank and thirsty V6 engine (20-27 mpg mixed driving), manual drivers side lumbar support mechanism is weak, wide turning circle