2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Great Wagon with Sports Car Fe

2005 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

s Sport Wagon (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Great Wagon with Sports Car Feel
By MN Snowman on

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my '02 Passat for the wagon ... that lets my wife drive a sedan rather than her Volvo wagon. I was impressed with the interior design/colors and the exterior color (I have the Firemist red with tan interior ... looks very sharp and I've gotten a number of favorable comments). I've liked the responsiveness of the engine and the manual transmission is very nice. We've taken two longer road trips (one at 2200 miles and the other at 1200 miles) -- it's a very comfortable highway car. The Sirius radio option is a delight on highway cruises as well. Around town, it gets decent mileage and handles well. I'm pleased with the purchase & the end-of-year discounts!

Good pickup and go and very nice handling. Nice interior design -- the tan leather and dark dash with titanium-styled inserts look good. I especially liked the electroluminescent gauges. Great HVAC controls and radio design plus the steering wheel controls are very helpful.

Trip computer would be nice. Remote release for tailgate would also be a nice touch. One switch for sunroof (now there are 2 switches: one to pop up and another to roll back.