2005 Mazda Mazda6 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Car

2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Great Car
By 6sDriver on

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my new 6s 5 door with the leather package and the 6 speed AT. Looked at one with the Bose/Moonroof package but wasn't overly impressed by the sound of the Bose stero and the head space was limited with the moonroof so I went with the leather instead. Handles wonderful, very smooth on the highway and fun on the backroads. I disagree with other reviews that I have read saying that the ride was overly harsh; I think it's where it should be for a sports sedan. Huge space in the back makes it practical and sporty which is a hard to find combination. With dealer incentives and rebates I paid more than $2000 under invoice. After much looking it's a very tough car to beat for the price.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Safety features. Styling. Hidden practicality with hatchback that looks almost identical to the sedan.

Suggested Improvements

The stock speakers sound very poor for a car in this class and the Bose system isn't much better. If good sound is important to you go with the stock system and upgrade w/ aftermarket components later. More headroom in cars with the moonroof package.