Great car, needs a couple things
By mazdaman on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I tried an Altima, an Accord and a Mazda 3. I originally wanted a Miata but opted out because I needed more room. While in Mazda dealers I was always struck by the exterior and interior design of the Mazda6, so I test drove it and loved it. The handling is fabulous and the comfort of the leather seats is as good as I've experienced in any car at any price. The fog lamps are the only ones I've ever had on a car that were truly effective. The road feel is solid. It's great on long trips. Defect-free as delivered and still no defects of any sort have shown up after 2 months.
Favorite Features
Handling, styling, comfort, beautiful exterior finish, spacious trunk, convenient controls. The manual shifter feels just right. Lots of compartments for all sorts of stuff. The climate control works great. Fold down rear seats that activate from trunk. Great digital readout on dash.
Suggested Improvements
Needs more torque below 3000 rpm. Engine over revs on 1-2 shift (manual) on hard acceleration. Spoiler hurts vision and should have third mounting point to prevent metal fatigue from repeatedly closing trunk. Dash lights dim too much when you turn on exterior lights. Bose system is not as good as expected.