Boxter to wagon
By C. Rooney on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Selling my Boxter was a very hard thing to do, but, I needed more room for my business. I hate SUV's and still wanted a sporty fast car. A wagon was the obvious choice. I drove them all. The only other car I considered was an Audi, but the A4 was too small and the A6 too much money and impossible to find without an automatic. The "Six" has a great smooth 5 speed, a strong v6 and comfortable interior. Mine is fully loaded and a great value for $28K! I love the cargo cover and standard pull-up cargo (dog) screen. The center console is also great, tons of storage and looks great at night. Kudos to Mazda for leaving out the "fake wood" and designing a classy original dash.
Favorite Features
Dash design with Lexus type gauges, cool console design and lighting. Hatch area and storage compartments throughout the car, really amazing! V6 is smooth and sounds pretty good too. Bose stereo/6 disc in dash works well, so does climate control system.
Suggested Improvements
Oh my gosh, how embarrassing for me (and Mazda) that this car has a "hood prop bar." Get real! No rear A/C ducts; this car is too big and nice not to have them! Nice rear spoiler ruined by tacky/trendy tail light lenses; also, the wheels are not ugly, just kinda plain for 17" wheels.