2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: A Great Car for a Great Price

2005 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

A Great Car for a Great Price
By Tick131 on

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Mazda 6 at the beginning of this year after an accident left my Honda Civic totaled. I looked at Pontiac G6s, Hyundai Tiburons, Civics, a Lexus and even BMW to replace my beloved Honda. After testing a BMW 325, I discovered a Mazda6 sitting on the lot, intrigued by its designed I took it for a drive, and was blown away. I'd never thought to even look at Mazda, but this had exactly what I wanted: great looks, great equipment (almost fully loaded), great handling & performance, and a value I couldn't pass. The manual is much sloppier than my Civic, but feels like a rocket ship despite its competition's better numbers.

I never tire looking at this car, an amazing blend of usefulness and sportiness. Comfortable, but stable handling. Strong engine and linear torque.

A clean and competent manual transmission, I'd love to see these come with a short-throw 6-speed (which I think would resolve some of the tire grip issues when taking off) and higher quality interior are my only complaints.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review