A cure for the common Camry
By Brad on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
This car is a first class ride! Of all the family sedans available, only the Nissan rivals it for good looks and no other brand comes close to Mazda's excellent sports tuned suspension. Add a well-designed interior, supremely comfortable seats, and you have a car that rises above the ordinary. My wife and I test drove a Camry and found it to be a quiet car with neutral handling characteristics. When we took the Mazda out for a spin, we found that the Mazda 6 not only accommodates small families but does it with a good dose of fun. The 4-cylinder engine is adequate with the strong acceleration above 3 thousand RPM. The mileage is acceptable if not the best in its class.
Favorite Features
Without question my favorite feature is the suspension. After becoming accustomed to the Mazda, most other cars feel heavy and numb. But the suspension never beats you up. Mazda has struck an excellent compromise between handling and ride quality.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability. The car had to be returned to the dealer after two weeks because a fault in the anti-theft system left me unable to start the engine. And just 2 months later it was back in the shop for a new "vapor solenoid valve". I am keeping my fingers crossed but the reliability should be better