2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Sharp handling, no grunt
By attila on 07/20/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a Camaro Z28 and various sportbikes I am shocked to see that a family-hauler can handle this well. Smooth (manual) shifter. The front wheel drive is a little disappointing and there's virtually no torque below 3000RPM but all in all it is an excellent package at a very good price. Dealers are willing to let it go several thousands less MSRP (mine was about MSRP-$8000 - what a steal!). Highly recommended if you don't absolutely need RWD.

Mazda6
By Jane on 07/17/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so much fun to drive! It handles great, and looks cool too! The size of a sedan, but the looks of a sports car. This is the first car i've ever bought, and I have no regrets!

Good stuff
By joshua on 07/05/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just a well built and very solid car. Handles well,smooth engine and transmission. First time I have had auto climate control and love it. This feature needs to trickle down to cheaper cars in every brand. You all out there should take a look at this rig.

A real sports sedan
By Jon on 07/05/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a variety of Ford Tauruses, I bought the 6s (auto) after I test drove a lot of other cars. A few other cars have a slight edge (Nissan Altima and Honda Accord; similar models) with 0-60, but the overall handling, comfort, styling, and feel of the 6 blows the competition out of the water. The 6 is simply amazing to drive. It grips the road like a real sports car, and has the room of a sedan. The interior, comfort, exterior design, sound system, and general layout are all excellent. The tiptronic shift on the 6-speed automatic is a great compromise for someone who likes manual cars, but does a lot of city driving. Highly recommended, especially for younger (20's) drivers.

Way to go Mazda
By John Q on 06/29/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My last five cars have been from the Nissan line. But I decided to try something different this time. I'm glad I did. The Mazda6i Is a superior car to the Altima, Camry and Accord. The options I got on my Mazda6 would have cost me a couple of thousands extra on the other cars.

Anthony's Mazda6 review
By Anthony on 06/22/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my Mazda 6from St. Louis to San Diego and back and it's just what I expected. It has a very smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission and nice acceleration; the interior seems to get a little uncomfortable after a long period of time; the 200 watt Bose sound is awesome and easy to use. It’s the most fun car I have ever driven. This is a great car for people who enjoy driving or like to make it fun. I was amazed at how this car grips the road. I tried to throw it around a little bit but it kept griping the road so that’s great. I highly recommend this car for all driving conditions.

Finally a GOOD car
By rbw on 06/19/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is excellent. The only complaint would be the low end acceleration with the 5 speed transmission. The top end is best. MPG is better than expected; highway/city combined driving averages 22-26. Now if Ford would follow its sister car maker! Or take notes.

Fantastic Performance, but...
By Stuart on 06/19/05 08:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

...only fun for short hops. I'm 6'5", and I found out within a few days that the hard plastic of the center console really irritates my lower right leg on trips longer than an hour. The test drive didn't reveal that because I was having to much fun zoom-zooming, which the car does very nicely. Acceleration, handling, braking are all top-notch, and the 6-speed AT is like butter, except when you kick it down around 30 MPH -- downshift's too abruptly. Interior build quality is kind of low-brow, with cheap plastic in abundance, and the cloth seating is already showing wear after only five months. Would not buy again, now that I've lived with it, mainly because of driving position.

Great car for the price
By Vicky on 06/12/05 13:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had previously owned 3 large SUV's. Didn't know how I would like a small car. Got in the car and have never looked back. I feel very safe in the car and love the sporty look and feel of this car. This car also takes curves and turns wonderfully. Only dislike is the powder on the wheels from the brakes? Love everything else. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I love my Mazda6
By Manny on 06/11/05 22:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car. It's comfortable, roomy, smooth driving, and I love the gas mileage. I was going to buy an Altima or an Accord till I test drove my Mazda6; I really liked it so I bought it. I recommended it to a friend and she bought one too.