2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Gotta Love Mazda
By Ange on 01/24/06 15:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles just as well as my older BMW 3 series sedan, and is much much better in the snow. So far, I have taken it through 2 snow days, and it handles great. I feel very safe in the car. I also am pleased with the way it handles in the rain. The extra features like the stereo (Bose) and the interior air bags were reasonably priced compared to other vehicles in its class. The styling is also great, it's very unique looking and I get compliments all the time. I have the spoiler and side moldings that I think make the car. If you are looking for one, I feel they look much better with the spoiler.I would definitely buy another Mazda6, from a different dealership though

Our second Mazda6
By Otis on 01/21/06 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned an '03 V6 sedan. Traded for a convertible but she missed the zoom zoom of her 6 so much that we came back and got a loaded up '05 V6 5 speed sport hatchback (actually all hatchbacks have the sport package unlike my earlier sedan). This car is great. A ton of fun for the money and has many features found in more expensive cars. V6/manual transmission combo is hard to find elsewhere. 220hp was a lot a few years ago but others have caught up or do better now. Suspension dynamics are fantastic, this car wants to bolt around town at 60+ mph! Styling is fresh and unique. Highly recommended. Some 2005s are still around (as of early 2006) and could be a steal. MSRP of $27,700 cost me $21,300!

They're still doing it.
By JerryL on 01/12/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Mazda in a row and each new one gets me to love them even more. Dependable, comfortable and great to look at. I don't understand why Mazda doesn't sell more cars in the US than they do now.

The affordable practical sports car
By DavidS on 12/30/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Handling compares favorably with the RX-7 I used to have. Heater is incredibly fast. Get leather with heated seats and you will never touch cloth again. Makes my 80 mile daily commute very pleasant. Some say it's small, but I prefer a tighter, sportscar-like cabin. Most Americans like to sit in a cave when they drive, I guess.

Best Wagon for the Price
By gray on 12/08/05 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Want a sports wagon that won't break the bank? This is the car. I've owned a Dodge Magnum (big, fast, stops poorly) and several BMW sedans. This car is more BMW flavored than Magnum, with good handling, decent enough power, and excellent braking.

Lots of Fun, All Around Good Car
By Mike on 12/06/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car 6 months and so far no problems. Good looking car that is fun to drive. Engine is fairly powerful and can easily merge onto highways as well as provide good passing power. My only complaint is the lack of a 6th gear. At 70 mph, the engine is at 3,300 RPM's. I have never owned a car that did that and it can be loud if you go even faster. Maybe with the automatic it is not as bad or loud? Anyway, overall good car. Also, has great storage capacity with the hatchback!

EXCELLENT!
By Margie Carroll on 12/05/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my car! With all leather interior, Bose stereo, and choice of fully auto or manual shifting "on the fly" this car rocks! It is just as nice as a mid priced Beamer and WAY nicer than any Honda. Everyone that gets into my car is surprised by the quality and the "cool factor" it has. Plus with side curtain and back side curtain airbags standard on this car it can't be beat.

Very nice to Drive
By Love it !!! on 12/03/05 03:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle and really LOVE IT! It really handles nice and for the money spent it was a steal.

Wise choice
By Greg on 12/01/05 01:56 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Handling and performance of the vehicle matches the body style as the car is very fast and handles very tight and responsive. I truly enjoy the ability to switch from automatic to manual in those times when an extra burst of acceleration is needed or just for fun. The all leather interior with heated seats is also much nicer than I first anticipated.

Mazda6s
By Mike on 11/30/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership, I traded it in for an '06 MX-5. I wanted to love this car, but only liked it. Interior rattles started after a few thousand miles. I've tried to like FWD cars, but still hate them, even after this car. The engine is powerful, but you don't feel it until you reach higher revs. Comfort and space are fine. Interior's a bit cheap - too much plastic, hard leather. Great interior storage areas. Long-throw shifter doesn't inspire. Poor pedal placement, which makes heel and toe driving very difficult. It got me around for a year. But I sensed too much Ford influence in the (lack of) build quality. With that said, cost/performance is a relative bargain.