2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
no regrets
By h8tobu on 08/26/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car two weeks ago. I traded in my F-150 FX4 4x4; gas mileage was the main reason, but I wanted to still have a stylish looking performance minded vehicle. I'm frugal not retired. A bland Toyota or Honda just wasn't in the cards. The Mazda 6s was the best bang for the buck and with all the standard features I have no regrets!

best looking sedan on the road
By ddm1 on 08/23/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just reached the 5000 mile mark and not one defect noticed. Car is very quiet even with 17 inch wheels and 50 series tires, Gas mileage last week on 500 mile trip with 4 adults, four sets of golf clubs and luggage that all fit in the trunk was 29 mpg U.S. gallon or 35 mpg. CDN Imperial gallon. Cruise was set at 70 mph, air on and strong headwind both ways on trip. The manual shift mode on the auto transmission is perfect for highway passing and great fun around town. My car has no rattles or squeaks and makes Camry's and Accord's look boring. Handling is excellent.

A fun disappointment
By Andy on 08/12/05 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

There were several cars I was looking at when I bought my 6. The Lexis is 300, Acura tsx, Volvo s240, to name a few. I only stopped and looked at the 6 because my friend wanted to look at one. After I drove it I looked at Edmunds.com for reviews and really did not see anything to turn me away so I bought a fully loaded one. It's comfortable; It runs good, not to small/big. It's just right. However these people on here that rate the 6 a 10 when it comes to gas are nuts!! My Sticker said 22/29 MPG. Seeing how all I do is highway driving I figured 29 would be ok. Well, I check my mileage every time I fill up and the most I ever get it 22MPG. I have a 2001 Ford F150 crew cab 4x4 that gets 21MPGHW

Great car, needs a couple things
By mazdaman on 08/04/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I tried an Altima, an Accord and a Mazda 3. I originally wanted a Miata but opted out because I needed more room. While in Mazda dealers I was always struck by the exterior and interior design of the Mazda6, so I test drove it and loved it. The handling is fabulous and the comfort of the leather seats is as good as I've experienced in any car at any price. The fog lamps are the only ones I've ever had on a car that were truly effective. The road feel is solid. It's great on long trips. Defect-free as delivered and still no defects of any sort have shown up after 2 months.

Slick Mazda6
By Truck on 08/02/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Mazda6 5 door in April and I took the vehicle on several trips. The comfort of the vehicle and ride made the trip very good. The look of the vehicle is different from the Camry or Accord -- slick and low profile. This attracted me to the car. Stereo system package (Bose 200 Wt) -- I don't feel that I have to upgrade a thing with it. Overall I am extremely happy with the vehicle and can't wait to see what Mazda comes up with in the next 6 years or so to surpass the Mazda6.

My New Mazda6
By Melanie on 08/01/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We just traded in a Lexus E300 (2000) for a new 2005 Mazda6 Sports Sedan, 6 cylinder, with all of the options. While it's not as plush as my Lexus, it is much sportier and will be lots of fun! It has a roomy trunk and the backseat IS just as roomy as the Lexus. The ride and steering are different -- more like my old Volvo 850 turbo wagon (1996) -- tighter steering and I can feel the road. I really do like this car, though.

Zoom Zoom!
By Anthony Saturno on 08/01/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is after driving 1200 miles. Wanting to replace my '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, I drove the Mazda, and a Pontiac G6. The Mazda was clearly the better automobile. The steering has a nice weight and feel to it. The car handles like a sports car, yet the ride is not jarring. The leather seats are very supportive. I love the 6 speed automatic and the ability to shift myself. And the color, Lapis Blue Metallic, is stunning.

zoom zoom
By john on 07/29/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a Hyundai Elantra for the i6 4 cylinder and have been pleasantly surprised. It is fun to drive, has peppy acceleration, gets good mileage (28 mpg on a recent trip with three adults and luggage at 70-80 mph) and sticks to the road. My wife says it is nicest driving car she has ever driven. It is very quiet with a great stereo. Lots of room in the trunk. Back seat leg room is a little tight, and the interior fabrics are not the best. The A/C in extreme heat is marginal, with tinting of the windows works great. Added a satellite radio in the upper glove box and it is now a fabulous long distance road car. I would buy again.

I love my car!
By Christine Sullivan on 07/23/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I chose Mazda again because I had owned a 1980 Mazda 626. I had the car for 6 years and never had a problem. This car ( the 6 ), though, is another thing altogether. I bought the car in Dec 2002 and I STILL feel like I GET to drive it! It's fun, extremely nimble, sporty and has never let me down. The interior is leather with a Bose system that sounds fabulous. I have a moon roof and a spoiler and I still get compliments on this car! It will be a long time before I trade this baby in!

Mazda 6s 5M
By Mike on 07/22/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only had this car for 1200 miles ... so far I love it! It could use another 50 HP ... but it moves fast enough to get me tickets. Plenty of leg room for me (6'0") ... comfortable seats. Overall, just a great car IMO.