Used 2005 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Beefed-up 6
By neobopr

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased my manual '05 a year ago it only had 13k on it (now it has 28k). I immediately added a cold-air intake and swapped in the mazdaspeed springs. I also added a takabe strut tower brace in the spring. What a huge difference! In my opinion, this car is now the complete equal of any of the best BMW 3 or 5 offerings aside from their "M" series--and at a very "non-BMW" price. Everything else is stock including the tires which I will be replacing with Falken ZIEX 512's in the late spring. This car replaced an '88 Porsche 944 which had been a project car. Here is a significant statement, with the alterations to the 6, I do not miss the 944, plus with 4 doors and a trunk!

The interior is incredibly quiet at freeway speeds making the Bose system sound even better. I added the component cassette for my ipod adapter (cheaper and less involved than the specialty ipod add-ons for the Bose system). I've owned a lot of cars, this one is this one is one of the top three!

1/8" input for ipods. Gas mileage improvement to 29 or 30 mpg on highway--probably easily accomplised with a 6th gear on the manual models. Less restrictive stock air intake box. These are minor though compared to how incredibly happy I am with this car after my alterations and compared to BMW's

Highly recommended
By zoom

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda 6i sport in August 2005, brand new. Got a great deal on it, and have not regretted it once. I wanted one because of its sporty handling/appearance. I drove an Accord and was bored, then I drove the 6 and I drove it home the next day. I can't wait to see what the 2008 is going to be like. Hopefully at least as sports car like as the curent model. Love it and will buy another.

Ride/handling. Sound system. Gauges. Just love the overall feel of the car, whether driving on a highway or twisty back roads, can't be beat for the money.

More engine power is always a good things, but no complaints from me.

Great Car
By CK

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 24000 miles on it. I've driven it to school 40+ each way for a year now and also took it on two road trips - this car has gotten me there with no problems whatsoever. It's comfortable and reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Low range acceleration in automatic mode could use some work but I've gotten around that by using the triptronic to shift as needed. I love the steering wheel controls and large trunk space. All controls are easy to adjust while driving. Overall, I am very happy with the car, especially for the price.

Exterior and interior styling. Fun to drive. definitely get your money's worth. Triptronic option.

Power seats would be nice but its really not that big of a deal. As noted above, low range acceleration in automatic mode could be improved, however that problem is easily fixed by using the triptronic or getting a stick shift which I prefer anyhow. 5th gear for automatic/triptronic engine.

Yellow Peril
By Vic

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a gold 2.3 sporty, handles and sticks to the road beautifully. Most impressive car as my last Mazda was 12 years ago and that was the MX6. Stunning performance and reliability.

External profile.

Maybe a little less fake aluminum on the interior dashboard.

Love My Mazda
By SHERUNR

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Mazda on several road trips down to North Carolina. (four hours away) The ride has always been smooth and comfortable. The vehicle does not shimmy, shake, overheat or show any signs of unreliability. I always feel safe in my car. Never once has it taken more than one tank of gas to complete the trip.

The double center compartment is my favorite. I can place things of higher importance in the top compartment in case I need to get to them quickly. The center compartment on top of the dash is nice too when I need to get to something quickly and don't want to fumble around in a purse while driving.

The only thing I can think of is maybe adding the option of raising the driver's seat higher. I am six feet tall and I think it would help make the ride more comfortable for taller drivers going long distances.