Used 2005 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Car
By CK

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 24000 miles on it. I've driven it to school 40+ each way for a year now and also took it on two road trips - this car has gotten me there with no problems whatsoever. It's comfortable and reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Low range acceleration in automatic mode could use some work but I've gotten around that by using the triptronic to shift as needed. I love the steering wheel controls and large trunk space. All controls are easy to adjust while driving. Overall, I am very happy with the car, especially for the price.

Exterior and interior styling. Fun to drive. definitely get your money's worth. Triptronic option.

Power seats would be nice but its really not that big of a deal. As noted above, low range acceleration in automatic mode could be improved, however that problem is easily fixed by using the triptronic or getting a stick shift which I prefer anyhow. 5th gear for automatic/triptronic engine.

Yellow Peril
By Vic

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a gold 2.3 sporty, handles and sticks to the road beautifully. Most impressive car as my last Mazda was 12 years ago and that was the MX6. Stunning performance and reliability.

External profile.

Maybe a little less fake aluminum on the interior dashboard.

Love My Mazda
By SHERUNR

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Mazda on several road trips down to North Carolina. (four hours away) The ride has always been smooth and comfortable. The vehicle does not shimmy, shake, overheat or show any signs of unreliability. I always feel safe in my car. Never once has it taken more than one tank of gas to complete the trip.

The double center compartment is my favorite. I can place things of higher importance in the top compartment in case I need to get to them quickly. The center compartment on top of the dash is nice too when I need to get to something quickly and don't want to fumble around in a purse while driving.

The only thing I can think of is maybe adding the option of raising the driver's seat higher. I am six feet tall and I think it would help make the ride more comfortable for taller drivers going long distances.

Joy to Drive
By Love to Drive

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a race car. Hugs corners at whatever speed. Very stable at high speeds.

Racing suspension, large trunk and fold down seats, standard equipment, manual override transmission, alarm system, racing wheels and tires, smooth engine.

Better 0-20 mp acceleration, smoother transmission, better quality interior appointments.

satisfaction guaranteed!
By nate

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new used car I ever bought and I love it. I'm in the military and I just came home from Iraq in Feb. '06. I wanted a car that defines myself and my hard work over the years. This car does it. It hugs the road, it's very nimble, and I love the engine roar. The factory stereo system is mind blowing. I hate that the Mazda dealerships charge so much for repairs. I had to buy a new transmitter for my keyless entry. Overall, great pick for a first car.

Factory stereo, traction control, alloy wheels - no need to by gaudy rims, cat eye looking head lights, shiftronic gears.

Cloth seats could be leather, all of them should have the sports grille and fog lamps. Spoiler would be nice too.