2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Sporty wagon
By JoeZ on 01/15/05 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife wanted another wagon even though our Passat wagon left me with a bad overall impression. So after doing my research, I decided to look at the Mazda 6. Boy, am I glad that I did! The car is very attractive and although I have owned for a few months, it has gotten more compliments than my Honda or VW ever did. The car satisfies my need for sportiness while meeting my wife's need for versatility. If anyone is seriously looking for a sporty "people mover," I strongly encourge them to take a look at this vehicle.

zoom zoom
By JimBob on 01/07/05 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this loaded with leather, side airbags, manual shift, and sunroof for thousands less than Passat or BMW. Interior quality, especially the leather was better than I expected for the price. FUN to drive. 3 kids fit fine. Fuel economy is surprisingly poor (23) but maybe I am still in lust phase and revving too high. If that is possible. :) I LOVE THIS CAR! A little more low end torque would be perfect but I work around it. My last car was MX6 and it lasted 245k miles, even the clutch lasted till 190k. I'm hoping for more of the same! Actually my 11 year old son is hoping to get this in 6 years. Safe, fun to drive, lotsa pep, value pricing. Wagon with stick. Can't beat it.

Mazda6 Sportwagon
By Bruce on 01/03/05 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable and sporty - much more fun to drive than my old Odyssey (but I miss the extra seats). Winter driving has been a pleasant surprise - the traction control really works. Factory finishes are good - Michelin tires, leather interior, etc. No problems in 14,000 km of driving. A very reasonable ($50) dealer service. The only "shortcoming" is with cruise control - accelerating with the steering wheel button often causes the transmission to kick down to a lower gear rather than simply accelerating in 5th. Fuel economy is not as good as expected but it runs fine on regular gas - something that can't be said for a lot of the other cars I considered.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By hidi on 12/15/04 12:43 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Mazda wagon for a few months now and I LOVE it. I have never driven such a wonderful vehicle. It is sporty, fast, and very roomy. I have had no problems al all. No one in my family had ever owned a Mazda before and 2 have bought cars since. This car is wonderful for familys or even single people who like to haul or buy stuff.