2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mazda 6i , A Great Sports Sedan
By Chris D on 04/21/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great alternative to a Honda Accord EX (I own a 2001 Accord EX also). What's not to like about this car? Build quality has been great. A 5 speed, 16V DOHC 4 cylinder, 4 wheel discs with ABS, Michelin Pilots, moon roof, Bose stereo, front, side and side curtain air bags. A very nice, fun to drive vehicle. Fuel economy HWY: 28 MPG City: 24 MPG.

Overall good car for the money
By Brandon on 04/14/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far, so good. Car went back to the dealer for a steering pull. There's a TSB about it, and it was corrected. No other problems. It's nice both inside and out.

It Truly is Zoom-Zoom
By Bradfield1379 on 03/06/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After coming out of a Ford Explorer and into a sports car, I was amazed at the agility and response of the 6. I also have had the privilege of driving a 2004 Ford Mustang over the past year and actually enjoy the Mazda6 even more. The handling is superb, gripping the road even during hard cornering, and it will get up and go when you need to pass. The 160 hp in-line 4 feels more powerful than it sounds and doesn't disappoint. Zoom-Zoom is an appropriate slogan for this well rounded machine.

Gotta Love Mazda
By Ange on 01/24/06 15:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles just as well as my older BMW 3 series sedan, and is much much better in the snow. So far, I have taken it through 2 snow days, and it handles great. I feel very safe in the car. I also am pleased with the way it handles in the rain. The extra features like the stereo (Bose) and the interior air bags were reasonably priced compared to other vehicles in its class. The styling is also great, it's very unique looking and I get compliments all the time. I have the spoiler and side moldings that I think make the car. If you are looking for one, I feel they look much better with the spoiler.I would definitely buy another Mazda6, from a different dealership though

The affordable practical sports car
By DavidS on 12/30/05 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Handling compares favorably with the RX-7 I used to have. Heater is incredibly fast. Get leather with heated seats and you will never touch cloth again. Makes my 80 mile daily commute very pleasant. Some say it's small, but I prefer a tighter, sportscar-like cabin. Most Americans like to sit in a cave when they drive, I guess.

EXCELLENT!
By Margie Carroll on 12/05/05 22:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my car! With all leather interior, Bose stereo, and choice of fully auto or manual shifting "on the fly" this car rocks! It is just as nice as a mid priced Beamer and WAY nicer than any Honda. Everyone that gets into my car is surprised by the quality and the "cool factor" it has. Plus with side curtain and back side curtain airbags standard on this car it can't be beat.

Wise choice
By Greg on 12/01/05 01:56 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Handling and performance of the vehicle matches the body style as the car is very fast and handles very tight and responsive. I truly enjoy the ability to switch from automatic to manual in those times when an extra burst of acceleration is needed or just for fun. The all leather interior with heated seats is also much nicer than I first anticipated.

Mazda6s
By Mike on 11/30/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After a year of ownership, I traded it in for an '06 MX-5. I wanted to love this car, but only liked it. Interior rattles started after a few thousand miles. I've tried to like FWD cars, but still hate them, even after this car. The engine is powerful, but you don't feel it until you reach higher revs. Comfort and space are fine. Interior's a bit cheap - too much plastic, hard leather. Great interior storage areas. Long-throw shifter doesn't inspire. Poor pedal placement, which makes heel and toe driving very difficult. It got me around for a year. But I sensed too much Ford influence in the (lack of) build quality. With that said, cost/performance is a relative bargain.

As Good as The Best
By jim on 10/27/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for an entry level luxury car for several months. My problem is that every time I test drive an Acura TL, Infinity G35, BMWi, I get back into my Mazda and say "big deal". My two year old Mazda drives just as good as the luxury cars and after two years it still drives as quiet and firm as the day I bought it. The only exception has been the Lexus 330, but this car is deliberately not billed as a sports sedan so it does have a quieter and softer ride. P.S. The exterior styling of the Mazda it still as good as any of the luxury sports sedans.

Mazda6 - from a teenage perspective.
By new driver on 10/20/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The lesson car I learned to drive in was a Toyota Corolla, with extra brakes that the instructor could use. Nothing too special. The first time I got behind the wheel of my new Mazda6, I was in awe. It's fun to drive, with an enthusiastic acceleration. The maneuverability is great too. This car has a lot of personality; it's eager to please, and craves speed.