2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Outstanding car
By Lenora on 03/27/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in a Toyota Camry on the Mazda 6 wagon. This car is a load of fun to drive. It allows me the feeling of owning a sports car again when I now have four children. I can't believe what a great solid car it is for the money. Congratulations to Mazda for the new generation Mazdas.

Zoom Zoom Me
By Marla on 03/26/05 00:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this wagon! However, two things that are a bit faulty with the design. The seat fabric after 4 months on the driver's side had begun to show wear from getting in and out of the car. The left side support area, and the ground effects on driver's side is wiped clean by my pant leg each time I get in and out of the car. Not pretty. Other than that I LOVE THIS WAGON. Performance is outstanding, speed is there when needed. Great radio, heat/AC and LOOKS.

The sleeper of Sport Wagons!
By Morton Y on 03/15/05 20:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the best of both worlds--a true performance sedan and a station wagon capable of hauling asphalt. A total pleasure to drive. The best built US manufactured car I have experienced. Excellent fit and finish. A lot of value for the money.

Buy this car!
By Anson on 03/14/05 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda I have ever owned. What a fantastic car. I looked at a lot of other vehicles such as the Passat and Audi A4. I kept coming back to this one. The handling, performance, price and fuel economy made it a hard deal to pass up. The wagon has a ton of room for hauling around just about anything. This car is one of the few that needs little improvement. Buy it and you won't regret it.

HOT MOMMA!
By Alice Cherbonnier on 02/21/05 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

They're not kidding when they say "zoom zoom"! The handling on this car is fantastic--very much the sports car in station wagon guise. Mine has no extras except the 6-CD stereo option. Still, it's like driving a Volvo station wagon (I've had several Volvos) on steroids. (Incidentally, Mazda's nicknamed "the American Volvo" in some circles, due to their family relationship and some shared components and trim). The manual transmission not only is fun, but it allows me to manage RPMs to save on gas. Am getting about 25 miles to the gallon, better than predicted even by Mazda--and I'm not talking going 55 mph.

I Love my Mazda 6 Wagon
By Joyce Hausler on 02/19/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Performance in awesome. I rented one for a week prior to making the decision. All controls are within drivers reach. This has much more room that most SUV'S I test drove. The sport wheels let you feel more bumps than I'd like but that is the only negative I have.

Wow
By Elizabeth Gay on 02/08/05 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Solid describes my wagon. It feels stable and safe on the road - even if that is a twisty mountain road. It is comfortable to ride in and FUN to drive with plenty of pickup and plenty plenty plenty of power. It is a gorgeous car with classic lines that will wear well over time. I've had Mazda's for 20 years and have enjoyed them all but the Mazda Sport Wagon is the best. I haul horse feed - no problem. I haul all kinds of things - no problem. It's the kind of car that is elegant without being flashy, graceful to the eye and comfortable to the body. This is my lifetime favorite car. Wow.

Great Car For The Money
By yesterdayscruz on 01/27/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 02 Altima for the sport wagon. They gave me a great price on the trade. My sport wagon has all the toys. What a great car to drive for the money. The build quality is excellent, handling is above a 10. The car is quiet and road noise is minimal. The Bose sound system is great. 200 power amp is more than enough for this old hot rodder of 58. I will not spend more that 30 grand for a car. I’m not into status, so I don’t need a BMW or a Benz. This wagon has it all. He is a bad boy and will be with me for many years to come go buy the car. You won’t be sorry.

Our 2nd 6
By La Otra 6 on 01/27/05 06:05 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 2nd Mazda6 purchase in 9 months. We purchased a Mazda6 hatch last March (see 5-doors of fun review). The wagon is everything that our hatch is and more. The wagon handles the same, accelerates the same and brakes the same, with a little extra room. At 6'5" tall, the ride is comfortable, there is room for our 2 German Shepherds and two sets of golf clubs and for both of our golf storage accessories. I added the Mazdaspeed 18' wheels and tires for an even sportier look and better handling. By far this is the best looking and handling wagon, on the road today for the money!

My first five thousand miles
By Stan Mendoza on 01/18/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive! The power band of the V6 is excellent as well as the five speed manual transmission. Getting on and off freeways is fun!! The sport package is well worth the extra bucks.The comfort of the leather seats is perfect for me, and all that have driven with me. My 2001 Honda Accord is boring to drive compared to the Mazda Sport Wagon, so far so good on my first Mazda product!