Used 2005 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Ready to run away
By youngbo718

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mazda 6 by mistake, I actually looking for Mazda 3. But when I finally came to see the mistake I have made, see that I was completely wrong. This vehicle is absolutely fun drive and fast. Its only waiting to press the gas and run away.

the torque

seats

The new love of my life
By Rhodes44

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a chevy blazer, 1999 that i traded in. I had way to many problems with it. The first and only car i looked at was a SILVER MAZDA 6. I loved how spacious this car is and all of the room in the trunk. I took that baby for a test drive and truly felt how clean she was. this car hugs corners and is such a blast to drive. Best way to describe it would be clean all around. My car was owned by one person, previously and had 52,000 miles. I would be using my car for work and also pleasure. My daughter and I drive to va beach alot, close to once amonth and have not had any type of issues so far. Even my boyfriend loves the way this mazda drives and cuts around corners. Very clean and sharp.

huge trunk, great to take on long trips, alot of storage space and great system. I have fun driving this car and have been finding myself looking for excuses to drive.I have a 2 year old and i know she is safe in this vehicle.A mazda 6 is a wonderful car and i would recommend this to my own family.

More cup holders for children in the back and that is all.

Owned it for 5 years now
By B Davis

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new almost 5 years ago. Just turned 70000 miles. 4 cylinder 4 speed automatic. Have had no major problems. Transmission shifts a tad hard from 1st to 2nd when cold, but dealer found nothing wrong. Just learned to baby it for the first 1/4 mile. I find I use the manual shift mostly, especially on back roads when I want to keep it in 3rd gear, and not let it go to 4th gear. Overall very pleased.

I bought the optional side curtain and side airbags ... have not needed them yet. Base stereo is great, as are the steering wheel mounted stereo controls. Good visibility.

No doubt the 4 speed auto is long gone in the lineup (replaced by 5 speed). If you drive fast (> 75 MPH) then the 4 speed will result in higher RPMs than you might want.

Fun For The Money
By Mark Hartley

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive for a four cylinder and gets good mixed gas mileage, 28mpg, for my weekly commute. Great buy for a healthy combination of sporty, frugal and roomy, im 6' 4".

Nice 17" rims on the base car makes it look a lot more expensive than it was. Good looking integrated audio screen.

Cloth seats could be of better quality.

What a nice ride!
By Zach

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to over 15 locations to find a Mazda 6 in my area. Now I know why they are so hard to find. This is one of the best mid sized sedans for the buck! I found a beautiful Sonic Blue 2005 Madza i sport 6 sedan and it was a major upgrade from my 94 Olds Cutlass Cierra to say the least. The handling of the Mazda 6 is very good and the speaker system is above average (No Bose). My mother drives an Acura TSX and she wants to trade with me. Bought at 57000 miles. Now at 63000 miles.

Very good speaker Systems. Exterior is slick and you can't stand but to admire the car every time you look at it.

Maybe a little extra pep on the acceleration.