2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Superb Car
By Christy on 04/30/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third year with this car and it hasn't disappointed me yet. I have not had a single major problem, just usual maintenence. I highly recommend this for a driver looking for a cheap, reliable quality sport sedan.

Solid Sports Sedan
By Jpmerrill on 03/19/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up this car after my last one died without considering much else. I always liked the utility of four doors but wanted something sporty and equipped with a 5 or 6 spd, the Mazda seemed like an amazing value and I always admired the looks. The v6 is a solid piece, good for cruising and supplying passing power on the highway but a little weak before 3k RPMS. The manual transmission is a treat and one of the slickest shifting operations I've used. Interior quality is better then what you pay for and the exterior has a fantastic and pleasant appeal. Gas mileage is marginally good, but I did opt for the v6 so any complaint is self inflicted. Overall love the car and the value it offers.

True Grand Touring
By Rick on 03/15/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my primary business vehicle as a traveling sales manager with a long commute. I purchase a new or almost new car every three years and because of the high mileage and business use I prefer mid-size sedans that don't kill me on depreciation. My 6S satisfies my desire for performance and handling. I opted for the five-speed which I am glad I did because the engine is a bit weak until 2500 rpm then revs smoothly and quickly. Great cruiser, reliable, fun and 23-27 mpg

Beefed-up 6
By neobopr on 12/30/07 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased my manual '05 a year ago it only had 13k on it (now it has 28k). I immediately added a cold-air intake and swapped in the mazdaspeed springs. I also added a takabe strut tower brace in the spring. What a huge difference! In my opinion, this car is now the complete equal of any of the best BMW 3 or 5 offerings aside from their "M" series--and at a very "non-BMW" price. Everything else is stock including the tires which I will be replacing with Falken ZIEX 512's in the late spring. This car replaced an '88 Porsche 944 which had been a project car. Here is a significant statement, with the alterations to the 6, I do not miss the 944, plus with 4 doors and a trunk!

Highly recommended
By zoom on 08/30/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda 6i sport in August 2005, brand new. Got a great deal on it, and have not regretted it once. I wanted one because of its sporty handling/appearance. I drove an Accord and was bored, then I drove the 6 and I drove it home the next day. I can't wait to see what the 2008 is going to be like. Hopefully at least as sports car like as the curent model. Love it and will buy another.

Great Car
By CK on 05/26/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 24000 miles on it. I've driven it to school 40+ each way for a year now and also took it on two road trips - this car has gotten me there with no problems whatsoever. It's comfortable and reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Low range acceleration in automatic mode could use some work but I've gotten around that by using the triptronic to shift as needed. I love the steering wheel controls and large trunk space. All controls are easy to adjust while driving. Overall, I am very happy with the car, especially for the price.

Yellow Peril
By Vic on 02/20/07 03:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a gold 2.3 sporty, handles and sticks to the road beautifully. Most impressive car as my last Mazda was 12 years ago and that was the MX6. Stunning performance and reliability.

Love My Mazda
By SHERUNR on 02/07/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Mazda on several road trips down to North Carolina. (four hours away) The ride has always been smooth and comfortable. The vehicle does not shimmy, shake, overheat or show any signs of unreliability. I always feel safe in my car. Never once has it taken more than one tank of gas to complete the trip.

Joy to Drive
By Love to Drive on 01/13/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a race car. Hugs corners at whatever speed. Very stable at high speeds.

satisfaction guaranteed!
By nate on 09/30/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new used car I ever bought and I love it. I'm in the military and I just came home from Iraq in Feb. '06. I wanted a car that defines myself and my hard work over the years. This car does it. It hugs the road, it's very nimble, and I love the engine roar. The factory stereo system is mind blowing. I hate that the Mazda dealerships charge so much for repairs. I had to buy a new transmitter for my keyless entry. Overall, great pick for a first car.