2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Zoom Zoom = Fun Fun
By qlas on 08/26/05 01:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had this car about 1 month. Actually my wife has had it so long. She picked it out because this car has so many sensible features inside a sporty exterior. It's fun to drive. It has the capacity of our Forester, but it looks good. The stereo and sun roof are sweet too.

well worth the money
By jim on 07/29/05 22:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The new 6 is a gentle reminder of Probe gone by. The 4 cylinder has ample performance. Great curb appeal.

love my hatchback!
By JJ on 06/29/05 01:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After running a 1987 626 to 200,000 miles several years ago (and still going strong!), I looked forward to a dynamic car from Mazda that fit my needs. My 2004 6S hatchback was definitely worth the wait. I may even consider buying out the lease. Pros: Gobs of cargo room, great Bose sound system, wonderful performance for a front-driver. Cons: cloth upholstery and headliner feel cheap, no auto-up/down on all windows, no full-service spare tire, TERRIBLE dealer experience for sales and service at two Mazda dealers in Las Vegas. I highly recommend the car but be wise with your shopping.

Best Sedan EVER!
By Eric on 06/17/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to get the V6 model, but couldn't afford it. Even though I had to "settle" for the 4 banger I am very impressed with its performance, gas mileage, and features. My last car was a Mazda MX-6 V6, and this has the same horsepower and performance, with better mileage and better interior. I love the sporty look and looks I get with this car! If you want a huge trunk (big enough to sleep in comfortably!). get the hatch -- you won't be disappointed.

Mom's ride with an attitude
By serrao01 on 05/27/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great...I throughly enjoy driving it. I traded in a horrible Honda Element which during the first year became THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE. The Element left me on the side of the road at 500 miles and Honda's reliability/customer service was of no assistance. I am now devoted to Mazda. The car is a thrill to drive on the highway with a mix of comfort and get up and go to get me past those crawlers . I have had a couple of minor problems with vibration noise that the dealership repaired quickly. No complaints.

Very disappointed in my Mazda6
By Tom L on 05/16/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It seems like a solid car, and it handles nice, but there are too many things about it that fall short of expectations. Bought the 5-Door S model with 6 speed auto. I have owned it about 2 months. Compared to my '98 Maxima with a 5 speed manual, this car is SLOW. Maybe the automatic is the problem. It couldn't get up a hill if your life depended on it. The ride with the sport suspension is horrible on bumpy roads. The gas mileage is pathetic. I average 19 mpg combined. Climate control never blows hot air. Honestly, I would gladly take $2,000 less than what I paid for it and buy something else.

6th Mazda
By Scott Chesebro on 05/15/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent finish and fit. Built by the UAW which proves that great cars can be built by union labor. My 6th Mazda and the best yet. Very quick and very responsive. Solid feel without feeling heavy. Flat cornering. Silky smooth manual with short throw clutch. Attention to details. Very techno without being gadgety. Easy to learn. Keeps the fun in driving. Zoom. Zoom.

Great Car
By Zoomdln on 05/11/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have always owned Honda's, but this car blows away my 2003 Honda Accord. The Mazda has better style, performance, and standard features.

fun in my Mazda
By soleil on 04/30/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a joy to drive. My husband bought me the car last year because of its sporty look with the hatch, the fact that it was a 4 door and came available in a 5 speed, and its overall safety rating. We got the blazing copper metallic and we've tinted the windows and put on Mazdaspeed wheels to make it look even sportier. For 20 years I drove Nissan 280z-300zx's and this car feels just like that but in a more practical size. What fun and a pleasure to drive; I have to keep an eye on my speed because I get to cruising real fast and don't even feel it. Great pick up, great handling; fantastic sound system and awesome look all make for a real enjoyable ride.

Fun family car
By a3photogod on 04/25/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at a G6 and a Passat, the Mazda6 was the way to go. Sporty looks and handling, this car just wants to go zoom-zoom. This is a great value; side airbags, traction, ABS, all for around 22K. Plenty of room for the family. The hatchback opens up for more than enough room (only 10 cubic feet less than my Sorento). Solid feel, sticks to the road. Great profile. The Blazing Copper is hot, many compliments and catching people looking in and around the car. We are very pleased with this purchase. Keeps us 30 somethings feeling youthful, especially with kids. Great all around car; you must consider this highly when shopping for a mid-size sedan.