2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Owned it for 5 years now
By B Davis on 04/07/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new almost 5 years ago. Just turned 70000 miles. 4 cylinder 4 speed automatic. Have had no major problems. Transmission shifts a tad hard from 1st to 2nd when cold, but dealer found nothing wrong. Just learned to baby it for the first 1/4 mile. I find I use the manual shift mostly, especially on back roads when I want to keep it in 3rd gear, and not let it go to 4th gear. Overall very pleased.

Fun For The Money
By Mark Hartley on 09/06/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive for a four cylinder and gets good mixed gas mileage, 28mpg, for my weekly commute. Great buy for a healthy combination of sporty, frugal and roomy, im 6' 4".

What a nice ride!
By Zach on 06/28/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to over 15 locations to find a Mazda 6 in my area. Now I know why they are so hard to find. This is one of the best mid sized sedans for the buck! I found a beautiful Sonic Blue 2005 Madza i sport 6 sedan and it was a major upgrade from my 94 Olds Cutlass Cierra to say the least. The handling of the Mazda 6 is very good and the speaker system is above average (No Bose). My mother drives an Acura TSX and she wants to trade with me. Bought at 57000 miles. Now at 63000 miles.

Fun to drive sports sedan
By miltownguy on 03/21/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Solid car that is fun to drive, decent V6 overall although its just the duratec V6 from Ford, has great power from 3k and above but definitely needs more low end torque below 3k..gas mileage is subpar, when im driving it nice i can get up to 27mpg, but 24-25 is more common..awesome to drive on curvy roads, the stiff frame enables you to hug the road and you can fly through corners..5 speed is also very slick and a lot of fun to drive..bought this car w/ 18k and haven't had to replace anything yet through 67k besides regular maintenance (F & R pads once, F & R rotors resurfaced once & then replaced, tires once)..heated seats and leather are also nice

Good car for the money
By ddcast1 on 01/17/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for work. I drive a lot and needed something good on gas and not to expensive. So far I am happy with it. I have put 10000 miles on it and only have one complaint. The transmission doesn't shift properly all the time. Doesn't happen enough for concern and the dealer said they couldn't find a problem. The ride is nice and it looks great.

*Please Read*
By Rman on 01/13/09 13:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car a little over 5 months ago. Within the 5 months, 3 headlight bulbs burnt out, license plate light burnt out, needed to do tcm and pcm reprogram, replaced both front brake lines, replaced both front axle boots and cv joints, cigarette lighter blows every fuse you put in, both front and back brake pads were replaced, display clock flickers. I am being a truthful person here. Do not always rely on reviews. This one is getting sold or traded in.

I think I got a lemon?
By harleyhoney on 01/04/09 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6 brand new, I thought it looked really cool, I owned it til 6/2008, I only had about 25K on it... things were always wrong with it, first thing my headlights kept burning out I went thru 4 sets of bulbs over a 1 yr time frame next the transmission would shift randomly, and clunk all the time, dealership said nothing was wrong with it. Blew out vacuum hoses, brakes went out, battery was shot after 1 yr, there were many other things. The seats were hard as a rock, it was not safe on ice, handled very badly always got stuck in the snow, traction control (what a joke) the dash scratched so easily. I was not very happy with this car, I was so happy to trade it in.

Single foot seeks pedal to mash...
By Twitch on 10/03/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Mistakenly bought this car for my wife, and wished I'd given her my car and kept this one for myself instead! This is truly a driver's car. Bose system makes your ears dance. I found myself out in the garage more than once just listening to a new cd. Honest. And once you back it out of the garage, let the fun begin! Ford Duratec V6 has a nice exhaust note when pushed. The platform/suspension sometimes feels like it was designed for the lighter 4-cyl, but the V6 will pin your ears back if you hit your corners at mid-range rpm! 6-speed transmission geared a bit odd between 1st and 2nd, but sweet between 5th and 6th on road trips. And 3rd/4th gears make you over-eager to pass anyone.

A Great Car for a Great Price
By Tick131 on 09/12/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Mazda 6 at the beginning of this year after an accident left my Honda Civic totaled. I looked at Pontiac G6s, Hyundai Tiburons, Civics, a Lexus and even BMW to replace my beloved Honda. After testing a BMW 325, I discovered a Mazda6 sitting on the lot, intrigued by its designed I took it for a drive, and was blown away. I'd never thought to even look at Mazda, but this had exactly what I wanted: great looks, great equipment (almost fully loaded), great handling & performance, and a value I couldn't pass. The manual is much sloppier than my Civic, but feels like a rocket ship despite its competition's better numbers.

A Fun Driving Companion
By Becker on 08/31/08 23:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this new as my primary car. We'll start with the downs. This car gets horrible mileage for a midsize family sedan. It gets around 17/25. It also is not the quickest in a straight line (a V6 Camry will smoke it). But now the ups. It is a good looker in and out, and has decent space all around. It is also a quality product. It is a great tourer and is comfortable for the long and short haul. But by far the best thing about this car is that it is fun to drive. It is very sporty and carves corners like a pavement scalpel. This car is just a laugh and it's great. It will do standing front drive burnouts all day long,& it will take a racing line around a neighborhood like a pro. It's great!