Used 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Mazda6 Sportswagon - Value & Performance
By Dave Miller

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda comes with leather, manumatic 6 speed and comfortable seats that compare with any German make. The fit and finish at delivery was flawless and much to my surprise, the first 2500 miles have given me an average of 28.35 MPG with 80% highway driving at 75 MPH. The Bose audio system is outstanding for the jazz and big band sounds I like. On the winding roads of Kentucky and Wisconsin the wagon handles as well as most "sports" cars.

Favorite Features

Great value and performance, plus comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The throttle response at take off could be smoother.

A lot of car for the money
By MazdaNewbie

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After buying Honda/Acura all my life, I couldn't resist the deal I got on my 6s 5-door with 6-speed automatic, leather, Bose, the works. I was close to buying an Acura TSX, but of course Acura wouldn't budge on price; I got the Mazda for $5K below invoice (including the rebate). The driving dynamics are fantastic. The car feels very solid, and the steering feel is like no other car in this price range. The ride is just right for me, firm without being too stiff. Sure I'd like more torque, but I find the six-speed tranny in manual mode lets me keep the revs up when I need them, and easily gets me up to speed. I find myself driving the car just for the fun of it.

Favorite Features

Handling (steering feel, flat cornering), Bose stereo, ride quality, heated leather seats, price. Sum is greater than it's parts; you have to drive it to appreciate the "oneness" of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Seat cushions are too short for me (need more thigh support), rear-seat headroom is limited in hatchback, noisy fan.

GOTTA DRIVE IT TO BELIEVE IT!
By MAZDEE

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's my first MAZDA and I can't believe how happy it makes me to just sit behind the wheel. WOW! It hugs the road and loves to let its power be known to all. It's cool to see people check out your car.

Favorite Features

The sporty ground effects and spoiler are just the right combo. This car is the perfect luxury/sporty mixture.

Suggested Improvements

None at the moment. Continue to work on the fuel economy.

Outstanding Satisfaction
By fatelin williams

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is simply simple, classy and elegant with a smoothness like none other. From the interior to exterior design, simply perfection!

Favorite Features

Sound quality and braking system simply superb!

Suggested Improvements

Built in CD player option should be designed for at least 3 discs.

Like the Wagon
By Peter Riess

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Really fun to drive. Very roomy cargo area. Gets lots of compliments on its sporty looks. Must burn mid-grade fuel or performance is severely downgraded.

Favorite Features

No rattles, great quality. Very peppy. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Really poor quality plastic dashboard. Looks much cheaper than should be on a $27K car.