2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Impressed
By Zoomin on 01/27/05 17:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far a great lil car, would recommend to new car buyers. Fun, comfortable, overall good design, better than other cars in the same class.

Our 2nd 6
By La Otra 6 on 01/27/05 06:05 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 2nd Mazda6 purchase in 9 months. We purchased a Mazda6 hatch last March (see 5-doors of fun review). The wagon is everything that our hatch is and more. The wagon handles the same, accelerates the same and brakes the same, with a little extra room. At 6'5" tall, the ride is comfortable, there is room for our 2 German Shepherds and two sets of golf clubs and for both of our golf storage accessories. I added the Mazdaspeed 18' wheels and tires for an even sportier look and better handling. By far this is the best looking and handling wagon, on the road today for the money!

Love It!
By Scott Brandt on 01/26/05 07:25 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I compared the 6s to the VW Passat/Jetta, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. The Mazda gives up some power to the Altima and Accord, but the driving dynamics more than make up for it. Great seats (mine has the LX heated leather seats), responsive steering, crisp handling with a firm, smooth ride - all wrapped up in a sportier exterior made the choice an easy one. For my money, the combination of sportiness, safety features,driving dynamics, and comfort make the Mazda 6 a winner.

Move over Maxima
By FT on 01/21/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is a lot of fun to drive. In sales, my car is my desk and this car fits the bill. Map lights (front and back). My kids love to read and the lights don't interfere with my vision. Storage compartment in front dash is very convenient. Car has plenty of pep and the manual shifting is slick when you want to play. I had two Maximas before this and this car is in the same league.

My first five thousand miles
By Stan Mendoza on 01/18/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive! The power band of the V6 is excellent as well as the five speed manual transmission. Getting on and off freeways is fun!! The sport package is well worth the extra bucks.The comfort of the leather seats is perfect for me, and all that have driven with me. My 2001 Honda Accord is boring to drive compared to the Mazda Sport Wagon, so far so good on my first Mazda product!

Sporty wagon
By JoeZ on 01/15/05 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife wanted another wagon even though our Passat wagon left me with a bad overall impression. So after doing my research, I decided to look at the Mazda 6. Boy, am I glad that I did! The car is very attractive and although I have owned for a few months, it has gotten more compliments than my Honda or VW ever did. The car satisfies my need for sportiness while meeting my wife's need for versatility. If anyone is seriously looking for a sporty "people mover," I strongly encourge them to take a look at this vehicle.

Zoom-Zoom
By Wayne Ferguson on 01/09/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a very good looking car which is very comfortable for long trips. Rented a Mazda6 earlier this year and loved it. Now I own one.

zoom zoom
By JimBob on 01/07/05 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this loaded with leather, side airbags, manual shift, and sunroof for thousands less than Passat or BMW. Interior quality, especially the leather was better than I expected for the price. FUN to drive. 3 kids fit fine. Fuel economy is surprisingly poor (23) but maybe I am still in lust phase and revving too high. If that is possible. :) I LOVE THIS CAR! A little more low end torque would be perfect but I work around it. My last car was MX6 and it lasted 245k miles, even the clutch lasted till 190k. I'm hoping for more of the same! Actually my 11 year old son is hoping to get this in 6 years. Safe, fun to drive, lotsa pep, value pricing. Wagon with stick. Can't beat it.

Mazda6 Sportwagon
By Bruce on 01/03/05 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable and sporty - much more fun to drive than my old Odyssey (but I miss the extra seats). Winter driving has been a pleasant surprise - the traction control really works. Factory finishes are good - Michelin tires, leather interior, etc. No problems in 14,000 km of driving. A very reasonable ($50) dealer service. The only "shortcoming" is with cruise control - accelerating with the steering wheel button often causes the transmission to kick down to a lower gear rather than simply accelerating in 5th. Fuel economy is not as good as expected but it runs fine on regular gas - something that can't be said for a lot of the other cars I considered.

Brilliant
By ryan on 01/03/05 11:06 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I choose the Mazda 6 over the BMW 330i, because of its looks both inside and out. The warrenty also made the car more appealing. More for your money, than the BMW