Used 2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Very Functional, Fun Car to Drive
By Mark

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after owning a Tribute for five years. I love to drive and the Tribute was not fun to drive. This car handles about as well as an A4 and has a great combo of sportiness and comfort. Quiet, rattle free and a HUGE cargo area. I can put a bicycle in the back without removing either wheel. It's basically a wagon that looks nice. I love the exterior styling. The only qualm I have about the car is lack of low end torque from the V6. Nothing happens until 3000rpm or so. But, no worries, I like to rev it. It cruises on the highway with no effort. Very quiet and the Bose system is fabulous. Great car for the money.

Suspension, storage space, Bose system, slick shifting 5 speed, fairly decent fuel mileage (about 27 at 80 on my last trip) and exterior appearance.

More low end torque. Other than that, this is by far the best Mazda I have owned and this is my fifth.

Mazda6 Sportswagon - Value & Performance
By Dave Miller

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda comes with leather, manumatic 6 speed and comfortable seats that compare with any German make. The fit and finish at delivery was flawless and much to my surprise, the first 2500 miles have given me an average of 28.35 MPG with 80% highway driving at 75 MPH. The Bose audio system is outstanding for the jazz and big band sounds I like. On the winding roads of Kentucky and Wisconsin the wagon handles as well as most "sports" cars.

Great value and performance, plus comfort.

The throttle response at take off could be smoother.

A lot of car for the money
By MazdaNewbie

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After buying Honda/Acura all my life, I couldn't resist the deal I got on my 6s 5-door with 6-speed automatic, leather, Bose, the works. I was close to buying an Acura TSX, but of course Acura wouldn't budge on price; I got the Mazda for $5K below invoice (including the rebate). The driving dynamics are fantastic. The car feels very solid, and the steering feel is like no other car in this price range. The ride is just right for me, firm without being too stiff. Sure I'd like more torque, but I find the six-speed tranny in manual mode lets me keep the revs up when I need them, and easily gets me up to speed. I find myself driving the car just for the fun of it.

Handling (steering feel, flat cornering), Bose stereo, ride quality, heated leather seats, price. Sum is greater than it's parts; you have to drive it to appreciate the "oneness" of this car.

Seat cushions are too short for me (need more thigh support), rear-seat headroom is limited in hatchback, noisy fan.

GOTTA DRIVE IT TO BELIEVE IT!
By MAZDEE

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's my first MAZDA and I can't believe how happy it makes me to just sit behind the wheel. WOW! It hugs the road and loves to let its power be known to all. It's cool to see people check out your car.

The sporty ground effects and spoiler are just the right combo. This car is the perfect luxury/sporty mixture.

None at the moment. Continue to work on the fuel economy.

Outstanding Satisfaction
By fatelin williams

2005 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is simply simple, classy and elegant with a smoothness like none other. From the interior to exterior design, simply perfection!

Sound quality and braking system simply superb!

Built in CD player option should be designed for at least 3 discs.