2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Zoom Zoom
By Eric on 03/08/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is any person's dream! It is extremely comfortable for long trips, fun for in town driving, and great for anyone in a hurry. This car zoom- zoom's along and definitely lives up to the image Mazda puts out. Highly recommend this car for anyone who is looking for both affordability and fun!

Very under-rated by pro reviewers
By BobG on 02/28/05 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all!! It is totally maxed out in terms of accessories, mostly all standard, not like in other cars in the mid-size range, especially American manufactured cars. We have the leather package with Bose and moonroof, and I can't say enough about how comfortable it is. It's a real thrill to drive, acceleration is tops, and handles like a high-priced sports car. Doesn't have the "sedan" look of other cars in it's class. We tried the Optima, Accord, Camry, and Passat, and none can match this great package.

Great 6s
By sreid on 02/24/05 09:28 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I want to go some place fast, comfortably and cheap, I take the 6. I have several other cars but the Mazda is my favorite. I leave her home in nasty weather, thus the low annual mileage. So far I have just had routine maintenance.

HOT MOMMA!
By Alice Cherbonnier on 02/21/05 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

They're not kidding when they say "zoom zoom"! The handling on this car is fantastic--very much the sports car in station wagon guise. Mine has no extras except the 6-CD stereo option. Still, it's like driving a Volvo station wagon (I've had several Volvos) on steroids. (Incidentally, Mazda's nicknamed "the American Volvo" in some circles, due to their family relationship and some shared components and trim). The manual transmission not only is fun, but it allows me to manage RPMs to save on gas. Am getting about 25 miles to the gallon, better than predicted even by Mazda--and I'm not talking going 55 mph.

I Love my Mazda 6 Wagon
By Joyce Hausler on 02/19/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Performance in awesome. I rented one for a week prior to making the decision. All controls are within drivers reach. This has much more room that most SUV'S I test drove. The sport wheels let you feel more bumps than I'd like but that is the only negative I have.

Wow
By Elizabeth Gay on 02/08/05 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Solid describes my wagon. It feels stable and safe on the road - even if that is a twisty mountain road. It is comfortable to ride in and FUN to drive with plenty of pickup and plenty plenty plenty of power. It is a gorgeous car with classic lines that will wear well over time. I've had Mazda's for 20 years and have enjoyed them all but the Mazda Sport Wagon is the best. I haul horse feed - no problem. I haul all kinds of things - no problem. It's the kind of car that is elegant without being flashy, graceful to the eye and comfortable to the body. This is my lifetime favorite car. Wow.

Love it Zoom! Zoom!
By funmazda on 02/05/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove Accord, Camry and Altima before I settled down with Mazda 6. Camry is comfortable, but boring. Altima looks good buy but feels like a junk inside. Accord has the best interior but looks ugly. Plus, for a couple thousand bucks less, I can get more options with Mazda 6 than Accord. My Mazda 6 is so fun that I will take it out simply for a ride. The 17" alloy wheels make it look better - definitely a sport car!

Solid Performer
By Skyline on 02/01/05 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with the quality build of this vehicle. For a 4 cylinder engine, it's very smooth and punchy. The ride is very comfortable even on 4 hour trips. Interior is solid and functional. The handling is superb for this vehicle's class; it's precise and confident. I can imagine the ride to improve vastly with the V6 engine. It's a great daily commuter with a sportier flavor to it. Spirited driving is not a problem with this car.

Best Value in it's class!
By R Bailey on 01/31/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After looking at competitive and more upscale midsize sedans for my daily commuter car (Audi A4, Acura TL, BMW 3, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord), I decided on the Mazda6 Sport with the V6 as the best value of the bunch. Fully loaded, with rebates of $2,000, it was $3,000 less than it's nearest competitor (the YAWN Camry), and everything else was up to $15,000 more. The Mazda6 has a smooth drivetrain, deep content when optioned out, and is flat out fun to drive that leaves a smile on my face, and $400/month in my pocket compared to the similar BMW. (Yes, it feels exactly like a BMW3 to me, maybe not as fast, but we drive on city streets here 95% of the time, so look at the value equation).

Great Car For The Money
By yesterdayscruz on 01/27/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 02 Altima for the sport wagon. They gave me a great price on the trade. My sport wagon has all the toys. What a great car to drive for the money. The build quality is excellent, handling is above a 10. The car is quiet and road noise is minimal. The Bose sound system is great. 200 power amp is more than enough for this old hot rodder of 58. I will not spend more that 30 grand for a car. I’m not into status, so I don’t need a BMW or a Benz. This wagon has it all. He is a bad boy and will be with me for many years to come go buy the car. You won’t be sorry.