2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Fun, Fun, Fun
By Anna on 03/29/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Here is a car that you want to drive. Sporty handling with a sedan comfort. Good value for the money.

TOO FUN TO BE A WAGON!
By ToddM on 03/28/05 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drove the Passat and the new '05 Legacy before I bought the 6. The Mazda is the right balance of size and price. The test drive is the clincher. The Mazda is more about the drive where the Passat is about the ride. The Mazda's reliability reputation is better than the VW's as well. The Subaru's all wheel drive gear gives it a smaller interior than the Mazda. The 6 had a large advantage in price over the Subie. I loaded it up (ordered car) with Sirius, Bose, auto-tint mirror, moonroof, cassette and CD changer, cargo tray, all-season mats, cargo floor carpet (should be standard!) and the car after rebates and discounts was a still reasonable $25,000. The 2.5GT Subaru was pushing $30,000!

Outstanding car
By Lenora on 03/27/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in a Toyota Camry on the Mazda 6 wagon. This car is a load of fun to drive. It allows me the feeling of owning a sports car again when I now have four children. I can't believe what a great solid car it is for the money. Congratulations to Mazda for the new generation Mazdas.

Zoom Zoom Me
By Marla on 03/26/05 00:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this wagon! However, two things that are a bit faulty with the design. The seat fabric after 4 months on the driver's side had begun to show wear from getting in and out of the car. The left side support area, and the ground effects on driver's side is wiped clean by my pant leg each time I get in and out of the car. Not pretty. Other than that I LOVE THIS WAGON. Performance is outstanding, speed is there when needed. Great radio, heat/AC and LOOKS.

My 6
By Lindsay on 03/19/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When shopping for a new car, I wanted something sensible yet fun to drive. I must have driven at least 30 different cars. Each time I walked away feeling that it was ok, but something was missing. Then I drove the "6". I fell in love. I walked away feeling like "This is it! This is what I've been waiting for." I bought my 6 two days later and a year later I still feel the same way.

M6
By r4ski on 03/19/05 08:17 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has lived up to all my expectations. Super smooth on the highway and crisp on the back roads. The space with the hatchback is phenomenal. I have carried three kids, our 75lb dog, and luggage with no problems. This car actually replaced a minivan. I thought it would be difficult to give up the space I had with the van.The Mazda6 Hatchback can hold lots of stuff and still look sporty. The only drawback I have encountered has been the tires that came with the car. They are below average on snow and ice. Everywhere else they are good performers. Next winter I will invest in a set of good snow tires. The winters are long and stormy up here in Northern New England.

The sleeper of Sport Wagons!
By Morton Y on 03/15/05 20:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the best of both worlds--a true performance sedan and a station wagon capable of hauling asphalt. A total pleasure to drive. The best built US manufactured car I have experienced. Excellent fit and finish. A lot of value for the money.

Buy this car!
By Anson on 03/14/05 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda I have ever owned. What a fantastic car. I looked at a lot of other vehicles such as the Passat and Audi A4. I kept coming back to this one. The handling, performance, price and fuel economy made it a hard deal to pass up. The wagon has a ton of room for hauling around just about anything. This car is one of the few that needs little improvement. Buy it and you won't regret it.

solid ride
By Roberto on 03/12/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to drive. Handles with best of them. At highway speeds it is quiet and makes lighting quick lane changes. I have the sport transmission (Triptronic) and it is smooth and sporty fun to drive. Great stereo, steering wheel controls are extremely helpful. Interior has great style and quality workmanship. Car was priced right and dealer gave me a great deal.

Awesome Enough
By Tripeze on 03/10/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What an amazing car to drive. Great manuvering, speed, features, and dynamic. Mazda6 is unbelievably the smoothest, customer friendly vehicle for traveling.