Used 2005 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

As Good as The Best
By jim

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for an entry level luxury car for several months. My problem is that every time I test drive an Acura TL, Infinity G35, BMWi, I get back into my Mazda and say "big deal". My two year old Mazda drives just as good as the luxury cars and after two years it still drives as quiet and firm as the day I bought it. The only exception has been the Lexus 330, but this car is deliberately not billed as a sports sedan so it does have a quieter and softer ride. P.S. The exterior styling of the Mazda it still as good as any of the luxury sports sedans.

Good price, enough horsepower, easy to use controls, great trunk space.

Take on the big boys with a bigger engine, and more luxurious interior. Change the interior lighting to the Acura soft light style. And don't forget Bluetooth technology.

Mazda6 - from a teenage perspective.
By new driver

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The lesson car I learned to drive in was a Toyota Corolla, with extra brakes that the instructor could use. Nothing too special. The first time I got behind the wheel of my new Mazda6, I was in awe. It's fun to drive, with an enthusiastic acceleration. The maneuverability is great too. This car has a lot of personality; it's eager to please, and craves speed.

Maneuverability, fun exterior design, comfortable interior, lots of trunk space, lots of interior compartments.

More seatbelt adjustments would be nice (I'm small, so the seatbelt is always in my way).

I Liked it at first....
By Unhappy Mazda owner

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for quite a while now, and I have 32,000 miles on it. It's been in the service shop 8 times over the past year. Twice to re-machine the brake rotors, twice for a fan control module, and the rest of the times for interior squeaks and rattles. I am not impressed with the quality of the car, or the service at the dealership. I liked the car at first, the styling, power, and stereo made me a happy consumer. My experience has left me cold, though.

Sporty look, price, power, stereo.

Quality of the car, and Mazda service.

Mazda6
By Kalimotxo

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Although I just got this car I love it so far. It's exactly what I wanted except I could not get a 2005 model with a sun roof. Otherwise, the sport model looks amazing. A nice blend of sporty and refinement. Given its rather taught suspension it rides very well, is quiet at highway speeds and offers respectable interior room. Acceleration is very good and braking seems to be decent.

Exterior design, automatic climate control, acceleration and handling.

I wish the front doors would automatically unlock when you pull the interior door handle, like Fords. Brakes seem to chatter already and I will be asking the dealer to look them over.

Wow! What a car
By vasquez1

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say. I bought my Mazda6 for the fuel economy (I had a truck...BLAH) and how surprised was I to find out that this 4 door sedan was a sports car in disguise! Aside from the roomy interior and the great handling this baby comes loaded with a BOSE sound system, an in dash 6 disc CD changer (I don't know if that is standard) and power everything. All my friends are jealous and I absolutely love this car. If you're looking for a fun car to drive that looks great and is light on the wallet (on the lot and at the pump) then the Mazda6 is the way to go. ZOOM!ZOOM!

• SUV