2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
My 6
By Lindsay on 03/19/05 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When shopping for a new car, I wanted something sensible yet fun to drive. I must have driven at least 30 different cars. Each time I walked away feeling that it was ok, but something was missing. Then I drove the "6". I fell in love. I walked away feeling like "This is it! This is what I've been waiting for." I bought my 6 two days later and a year later I still feel the same way.

solid ride
By Roberto on 03/12/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to drive. Handles with best of them. At highway speeds it is quiet and makes lighting quick lane changes. I have the sport transmission (Triptronic) and it is smooth and sporty fun to drive. Great stereo, steering wheel controls are extremely helpful. Interior has great style and quality workmanship. Car was priced right and dealer gave me a great deal.

Awesome Enough
By Tripeze on 03/10/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What an amazing car to drive. Great manuvering, speed, features, and dynamic. Mazda6 is unbelievably the smoothest, customer friendly vehicle for traveling.

Zoom Zoom
By Eric on 03/08/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is any person's dream! It is extremely comfortable for long trips, fun for in town driving, and great for anyone in a hurry. This car zoom- zoom's along and definitely lives up to the image Mazda puts out. Highly recommend this car for anyone who is looking for both affordability and fun!

Very under-rated by pro reviewers
By BobG on 02/28/05 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all!! It is totally maxed out in terms of accessories, mostly all standard, not like in other cars in the mid-size range, especially American manufactured cars. We have the leather package with Bose and moonroof, and I can't say enough about how comfortable it is. It's a real thrill to drive, acceleration is tops, and handles like a high-priced sports car. Doesn't have the "sedan" look of other cars in it's class. We tried the Optima, Accord, Camry, and Passat, and none can match this great package.

Love it Zoom! Zoom!
By funmazda on 02/05/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove Accord, Camry and Altima before I settled down with Mazda 6. Camry is comfortable, but boring. Altima looks good buy but feels like a junk inside. Accord has the best interior but looks ugly. Plus, for a couple thousand bucks less, I can get more options with Mazda 6 than Accord. My Mazda 6 is so fun that I will take it out simply for a ride. The 17" alloy wheels make it look better - definitely a sport car!

Solid Performer
By Skyline on 02/01/05 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with the quality build of this vehicle. For a 4 cylinder engine, it's very smooth and punchy. The ride is very comfortable even on 4 hour trips. Interior is solid and functional. The handling is superb for this vehicle's class; it's precise and confident. I can imagine the ride to improve vastly with the V6 engine. It's a great daily commuter with a sportier flavor to it. Spirited driving is not a problem with this car.

Impressed
By Zoomin on 01/27/05 17:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far a great lil car, would recommend to new car buyers. Fun, comfortable, overall good design, better than other cars in the same class.

Love It!
By Scott Brandt on 01/26/05 07:25 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I compared the 6s to the VW Passat/Jetta, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. The Mazda gives up some power to the Altima and Accord, but the driving dynamics more than make up for it. Great seats (mine has the LX heated leather seats), responsive steering, crisp handling with a firm, smooth ride - all wrapped up in a sportier exterior made the choice an easy one. For my money, the combination of sportiness, safety features,driving dynamics, and comfort make the Mazda 6 a winner.

Move over Maxima
By FT on 01/21/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is a lot of fun to drive. In sales, my car is my desk and this car fits the bill. Map lights (front and back). My kids love to read and the lights don't interfere with my vision. Storage compartment in front dash is very convenient. Car has plenty of pep and the manual shifting is slick when you want to play. I had two Maximas before this and this car is in the same league.