2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Luv my latest Mazda
By 3rd Mazda for me on 04/18/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Mazda in a row. I've had amazing reliability (obviously since this is my third and I put about 40,000 miles on the car per year) and I'm so happy with this one too. Each Mazda gets better and better. Options on other cars are standard on the Mazda and the price remains comparable to other makes. Nice! My fuel economy on my other Mazdas has always been better than manufacturer estimates and so far it's the same on this one so I'm concerned about some of the comments I'm reading about less than expected gas mileage. I'll wait and see on that.

LOVEIT
By MyNewCar on 04/16/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my Mazda6s, it is fun to drive. I just switched from the Tribute to the 6s and I am happy.

The Family Sedan with Moves
By Jonathan on 04/16/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car that I have ever purchased. It is a blast to drive and the 4 cylinder really gets the job done, especially at high rpms. The design inside is very well thought out and sporty and it is the best looking family sedan that you can buy (the Camry is nice but bland, and the Accord is just ugly and bulky looking). This is the perfect blend of a sporty car and a very capable family sedan. I have had no problems with it whatsoever and I love this car!

Impressed so far
By New2Mazda on 04/15/05 18:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up my 5i Hatch last weekend. So far am loving it. Have the 2.3 5 speed. The V6 accelerates quicker, but the 4 felt more balanced. Better mpg, and hopefully lower maintenance will be a bonus. The space offered by the hatch is huge, and it looks great. Practical, sporty, and fun to drive....what a combo. Price was right with incentives too.

2004 Mazda 6 - many problems
By mike on 04/06/05 18:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had an '04 Mazda6 for approximately 18 months - was great for first few months and lived up to the hype and reviews. But after about 4 months it developed several problems that 2 dealers and national support have been unable or unwilling to fix. Power and gas mileage are WAY down, shifter mechanism is very rough and sloppy, brakes repeatedly develop a squeal, rough starting when cold, traction control is terrible in the snow, clutch often stammers. I have previously owned 2 other Mazda's ('89 MX6 and '99 626); both were good combination of value and reliability, leading me to get the new 6. I was very happy at first but am now very disillusioned with reliability/quality and lack of support from Mazda

6i Sports Sedan w/Auto
By jzoom on 04/04/05 10:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great overall package. Sporty, roomy, economical and really fun to drive. Equipped with all options, it compares to the 2 Millenias I had previously. I highly recommend this car!

I Love This Car!
By Satisfied on 04/01/05 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the Mazda 6i Sports sedan and I have no regrets. I considered a Mazda 3; however, I needed a little more room. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power, and is wonderful on gas. The ride is also incredibly smooth. The interior is roomy, however the car itself is easy to parallel park. If you are looking for a fun car that has a lot of class, this car is for you.

Who Knew??? So -- go know!
By Almost mid-life on 03/31/05 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After drooling over the Mazda RX8, reality knocked on my door. The Mazda6 was the great surprise. I tried the Accord, the Camry, and even the Infinity G35 for kicks and found this car the most beautiful and fun to drive. Took the GT package, but left off the front/rear spoilers and sills. Instead, added lip spoiler, clear tail lights, a sports grill (sharp) and added a chrome piece above rear tag. It is EVERYTHING I wanted in a car - class with a sporty twist. My faith has been restored knowing that driving can be fun again.

My Mazda 6
By Lori on 03/29/05 18:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like my Mazda 6, it's fun to drive, seems reliable, and is a good-looking sedan. Two negatives: 1 .I notice some acceleration hesitancies. 2. It's a thirsty car (high gas consumption).

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Anna on 03/29/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Here is a car that you want to drive. Sporty handling with a sedan comfort. Good value for the money.