2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
2005 Mazda 6 Sports Wagon Review
By tfrancl on 04/29/12 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the car 4 years ago with 40K miles and currently have 82K miles. This has been an excellent car. While it is a station wagon it drives and handles very well, more like a sports sedan. The V-6 and six speed auto is a very good combination of performance and mileage. It also has a very good Bose aduio system. The heater, heated seats and AC all preform well. We have not had any maintenace issues other than the standard upkeep of tires, brakes, etc.

Terrific sport wagon
By Rrrockhound on 09/14/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always had a soft spot for Euro-style sport wagons, but Audis and Volvos were out of my price range, and forget about BMW and Mercedes. But I discovered the Mazda6 had sleek looks, strong performance, and truly sporty handling. The engine is buttery smooth and I recently got 28 MPG on the highway, not bad for 70+ MPH with the air on. The steering response is truly sports-car like and the brakes are strong, so much so that I'm considering taking this car to the track instead of my Porsche. With premium audio, multiple airbags, and auto climate control, the feel is like driving a luxury car, and I get compliments on the sporty looks.

05 GT wagon
By payson on 05/06/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in our 00 Sienna van. My husband and I both enjoy driving it. Sporty, fun to drive, good cargo room for family. Nice alternative to an SUV.

Move over Mercedes
By Freddy on 09/04/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a 320 Mercedes wagon. With 50% better gas mileage, more power, a better sound system, and an interior with real leather to boot, I'll never go back to Mercedes! Oh, did I say at half the price? I have read several reviews of this car, and they are off base when discussing the V6 powerplant. This thing rocks on the highway with the 6 speed automatic. Beware however that this car is hard to equip for towing, despite what my dealer promised me.

They're still doing it.
By JerryL on 01/12/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Mazda in a row and each new one gets me to love them even more. Dependable, comfortable and great to look at. I don't understand why Mazda doesn't sell more cars in the US than they do now.

SPORT Wagon is Correct Name
By PM013 on 10/07/05 22:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2005 fully loaded Sport Wagon (May 2005) and I have 10,000KM (6,000 Miles). This is one fun car to drive! My wife always fights me for the keys, Took it on our first real highway trip this summer and got 29MPG at 75MPH. Great SPORT wagon. No regrets at all.

Mazda6 Sportswagon - Value & Performance
By Dave Miller on 09/28/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda comes with leather, manumatic 6 speed and comfortable seats that compare with any German make. The fit and finish at delivery was flawless and much to my surprise, the first 2500 miles have given me an average of 28.35 MPG with 80% highway driving at 75 MPH. The Bose audio system is outstanding for the jazz and big band sounds I like. On the winding roads of Kentucky and Wisconsin the wagon handles as well as most "sports" cars.

Like the Wagon
By Peter Riess on 09/07/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Really fun to drive. Very roomy cargo area. Gets lots of compliments on its sporty looks. Must burn mid-grade fuel or performance is severely downgraded.

The Soul of a Miata
By Rod on 06/25/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It's not often that you can truly haul when hauling stuff. The Mazda6 Sport Wagon handles all situations well. It's quick to respond to driver inputs. And never loses it's cool even if the driver is over his head. The controls are all in easy reach, and logical to use. Mazda hasn't made driving a "chore" but a pleasure. Fit and finish have held up in the Arizona heat, and the automatic climate control is spot on.

Wow! That's not a Wagon
By PM013 on 05/10/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my 2005 Mazda 6 Sport wagon. I know why Mazda left out the word STATION in wagon. This car handles nothing like a station wagon, but rather a sports car with the space of a wagon. The comfort and quality for a loaded car with 6 speed automatic/leather/Bose sound/17 inch wheels/ remote starter/ and a sun-moon roof for under $35,000 CDN. Great Deal! Get One!