2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Can I buy another, please?
By a_mightywind on 10/07/12 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've found this to be a terrific car. It's not your typical stodgy wagon. It is fun to drive, the interior fittings are excellent as is the build quality. I still love the aggressive exterior styling. They're not being offered in Canada anymore but, I'm told, they are being offered in Europe. I hope that situation changes because I would be another for sure.

Great Value Sport Wagon
By gareman on 07/10/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned some amazing cars, mostly BMWs, but I was starting my own business and a family. The 6 sport wagon provided sport sedan handling in an affordable, reliable package. It had some minor problems while still under warranty, such as needing two new stereo head units, but has since been reliable. It drives wonderfully and I love the 5 speed manual. The turning radius is awful. Low RPM acceleration is pretty bad; there wasn't a need to gear it like a 4- cylinder. It's a fun highway cruiser and obviously does very well on corners. The quality of your tires will make a huge difference with this car. Sadly, there are no more sport wagons being produced by Mazda in the US.

Wagon master
By keeper on 07/29/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this new; the gas mileage was rated 21-27 and it took a year to reach that. On our last trip of 1000 miles we got from 25-30 which I thought was outstanding. It's fun to drive, corners nicely and has good brakes. The only problem I've had is the air conditioner had to be worked on twice to get the proper cooling. Love the automatic climate control. Wish it had come with roof racks for my bike. Electric control for seats would have been great also, but it's a good vehicle. Love the side air bags and safety features. It would be hard for a tall person to get in with a hat on.

2005 6Wagon
By Gary on 01/29/07 08:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far my Mazda6 Wagon has been a blast to drive. The sportshift auto keeps it interesting. It's been on three long trips (3 dogs-in back, bikes on roof, luggage on rear seats). Despite the seeming clutter of all that, it was surprisingly comfortable. Plenty of leg and headroom. On another trip, I had four bikes on the roof, all the gear in the back and 3 passengers beside myself. There was still plenty of room. The car is built solid...no rattles. The engine has plenty of power and is smooth (with the traction control turned off). The only problem, and it's small, is the ticking noise (not the cams) just behind the passenger-side firewall. It's a solenoid that Mazda won't repair.

Great Wagon with Sports Car Feel
By MN Snowman on 04/22/06 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my '02 Passat for the wagon ... that lets my wife drive a sedan rather than her Volvo wagon. I was impressed with the interior design/colors and the exterior color (I have the Firemist red with tan interior ... looks very sharp and I've gotten a number of favorable comments). I've liked the responsiveness of the engine and the manual transmission is very nice. We've taken two longer road trips (one at 2200 miles and the other at 1200 miles) -- it's a very comfortable highway car. The Sirius radio option is a delight on highway cruises as well. Around town, it gets decent mileage and handles well. I'm pleased with the purchase & the end-of-year discounts!

Very nice to Drive
By Love it !!! on 12/03/05 03:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle and really LOVE IT! It really handles nice and for the money spent it was a steal.

Boxter to wagon
By C. Rooney on 04/14/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Selling my Boxter was a very hard thing to do, but, I needed more room for my business. I hate SUV's and still wanted a sporty fast car. A wagon was the obvious choice. I drove them all. The only other car I considered was an Audi, but the A4 was too small and the A6 too much money and impossible to find without an automatic. The "Six" has a great smooth 5 speed, a strong v6 and comfortable interior. Mine is fully loaded and a great value for $28K! I love the cargo cover and standard pull-up cargo (dog) screen. The center console is also great, tons of storage and looks great at night. Kudos to Mazda for leaving out the "fake wood" and designing a classy original dash.

TOO FUN TO BE A WAGON!
By ToddM on 03/28/05 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drove the Passat and the new '05 Legacy before I bought the 6. The Mazda is the right balance of size and price. The test drive is the clincher. The Mazda is more about the drive where the Passat is about the ride. The Mazda's reliability reputation is better than the VW's as well. The Subaru's all wheel drive gear gives it a smaller interior than the Mazda. The 6 had a large advantage in price over the Subie. I loaded it up (ordered car) with Sirius, Bose, auto-tint mirror, moonroof, cassette and CD changer, cargo tray, all-season mats, cargo floor carpet (should be standard!) and the car after rebates and discounts was a still reasonable $25,000. The 2.5GT Subaru was pushing $30,000!

Outstanding car
By Lenora on 03/27/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in a Toyota Camry on the Mazda 6 wagon. This car is a load of fun to drive. It allows me the feeling of owning a sports car again when I now have four children. I can't believe what a great solid car it is for the money. Congratulations to Mazda for the new generation Mazdas.

Zoom Zoom Me
By Marla on 03/26/05 00:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this wagon! However, two things that are a bit faulty with the design. The seat fabric after 4 months on the driver's side had begun to show wear from getting in and out of the car. The left side support area, and the ground effects on driver's side is wiped clean by my pant leg each time I get in and out of the car. Not pretty. Other than that I LOVE THIS WAGON. Performance is outstanding, speed is there when needed. Great radio, heat/AC and LOOKS.