2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
somewhat disappointed
By adrianne on 04/16/06 22:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Four months new and under 3K miles, so not enough info on mechanics, etc. I do a LOT of errands and have some things I love and HATE, namely: shifter - "sporty" automatic zig-zag maze made like a manual. Having carpal tunnel and shifting 10x or more a day between PRD absolutely kills the hand/wrist. Pickup: extremely slow and extremely jerky, and I mean with a pronounced jerk when stepping on gas. A full 1-1 1/2 seconds to kick in, which makes it useless to dangerous when passing and power/speed is needed. Test drove 20 minutes or so but never noticed the bad pickup, and shifting wasn't done as many times as would be done in a normal day, so it wasn't noticed. HATE radio volume depending on speed!

don't get what you pay for.....
By MCOLANNINO on 03/10/06 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Switching from a Outback I was looking forward to a smaller, sleeker wagon but I'm not won over by this one. Some minor but noticeable cons: It comes with an ashtray ... who uses an ashtray anymore? Making room for the ashtray storage seems wasteful. It has a built in storage for sunglasses above the rear view mirror which doesn't allow mom's to clip on their 2nd rear view mirror for the kids. Lastly, a big CON, the rear windows go down ALL THE WAY. I'm used to rear windows stopping about 8" from the bottom; anyone with infants be aware, the rear windows come all the way down. Also for some reason the air conditioner runs automatically. I don't get why that is?

Performance and practical
By Bill on 02/27/06 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had searched for a car with utility that didn't sacrifice performance and looked good.The 6s Sportwagon is a great 'do all' car. Handles great, good performance from the 220 hp V6 and has a ton of room and nicely thought out convenience features. The quality of materials is excellent (although the interior door pull is a bit cheap feeling, hard plastic). I have the heated leather seats which are supportive with just the right amount of side bolsters. Nice, modern layout of gauges, quality and stylish. Will tell more after 12K miles as far as long term driving. Looked at Honda (Accord and new Civic), Nissan (Altima) as well as the Impala. This car stands out.

Best Wagon for the Price
By gray on 12/08/05 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Want a sports wagon that won't break the bank? This is the car. I've owned a Dodge Magnum (big, fast, stops poorly) and several BMW sedans. This car is more BMW flavored than Magnum, with good handling, decent enough power, and excellent braking.

Best wagon on the market
By zop on 10/30/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car handles like a luxury sedan. Slice through corners and accelerates like a champ. I bought this car for my wife, but it is so much fun to drive that we battle for the keys. Great family car for those who don't like minivans and like to ride in style.

a
By wife happy on 08/02/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a year, so far it is still a treat to drive. It's a great change from what is out there on the roads. For a family of four it's a great midsize value. My wife loves it and has been more than pleased with it. I'm impressed with Mazda, they've done a good job with this vehicle.

it doesn't get any better in a 20K sedan
By rightdm00 on 06/05/05 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is has by far exceeded all my expectations. When you have to choose a family mover and performance is one of your primary needs this is the best car by far. The Camrys are no doubt built better, gets better gas mileage and on and on but none of them make you wanna get in and drive every day. With the 5 speed manual and the V6 the fun to drive factor far exceeds its competitors in the fun to drive factor.

Great Car
By Rob on 06/02/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had the car for long, but I love it so far. Nice power, handling, ride. I've had two Mazdas in the past and loved them, so I can only hope this one works out as well as the others did!

HOT MOMMA!
By Alice Cherbonnier on 02/21/05 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

They're not kidding when they say "zoom zoom"! The handling on this car is fantastic--very much the sports car in station wagon guise. Mine has no extras except the 6-CD stereo option. Still, it's like driving a Volvo station wagon (I've had several Volvos) on steroids. (Incidentally, Mazda's nicknamed "the American Volvo" in some circles, due to their family relationship and some shared components and trim). The manual transmission not only is fun, but it allows me to manage RPMs to save on gas. Am getting about 25 miles to the gallon, better than predicted even by Mazda--and I'm not talking going 55 mph.

Wow
By Elizabeth Gay on 02/08/05 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Solid describes my wagon. It feels stable and safe on the road - even if that is a twisty mountain road. It is comfortable to ride in and FUN to drive with plenty of pickup and plenty plenty plenty of power. It is a gorgeous car with classic lines that will wear well over time. I've had Mazda's for 20 years and have enjoyed them all but the Mazda Sport Wagon is the best. I haul horse feed - no problem. I haul all kinds of things - no problem. It's the kind of car that is elegant without being flashy, graceful to the eye and comfortable to the body. This is my lifetime favorite car. Wow.