2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Can I buy another, please?
By a_mightywind on 10/07/12 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've found this to be a terrific car. It's not your typical stodgy wagon. It is fun to drive, the interior fittings are excellent as is the build quality. I still love the aggressive exterior styling. They're not being offered in Canada anymore but, I'm told, they are being offered in Europe. I hope that situation changes because I would be another for sure.

2005 Mazda 6 Sports Wagon Review
By tfrancl on 04/29/12 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the car 4 years ago with 40K miles and currently have 82K miles. This has been an excellent car. While it is a station wagon it drives and handles very well, more like a sports sedan. The V-6 and six speed auto is a very good combination of performance and mileage. It also has a very good Bose aduio system. The heater, heated seats and AC all preform well. We have not had any maintenace issues other than the standard upkeep of tires, brakes, etc.

Great Value Sport Wagon
By gareman on 07/10/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned some amazing cars, mostly BMWs, but I was starting my own business and a family. The 6 sport wagon provided sport sedan handling in an affordable, reliable package. It had some minor problems while still under warranty, such as needing two new stereo head units, but has since been reliable. It drives wonderfully and I love the 5 speed manual. The turning radius is awful. Low RPM acceleration is pretty bad; there wasn't a need to gear it like a 4- cylinder. It's a fun highway cruiser and obviously does very well on corners. The quality of your tires will make a huge difference with this car. Sadly, there are no more sport wagons being produced by Mazda in the US.

Terrific sport wagon
By Rrrockhound on 09/14/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always had a soft spot for Euro-style sport wagons, but Audis and Volvos were out of my price range, and forget about BMW and Mercedes. But I discovered the Mazda6 had sleek looks, strong performance, and truly sporty handling. The engine is buttery smooth and I recently got 28 MPG on the highway, not bad for 70+ MPH with the air on. The steering response is truly sports-car like and the brakes are strong, so much so that I'm considering taking this car to the track instead of my Porsche. With premium audio, multiple airbags, and auto climate control, the feel is like driving a luxury car, and I get compliments on the sporty looks.

Wagon master
By keeper on 07/29/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this new; the gas mileage was rated 21-27 and it took a year to reach that. On our last trip of 1000 miles we got from 25-30 which I thought was outstanding. It's fun to drive, corners nicely and has good brakes. The only problem I've had is the air conditioner had to be worked on twice to get the proper cooling. Love the automatic climate control. Wish it had come with roof racks for my bike. Electric control for seats would have been great also, but it's a good vehicle. Love the side air bags and safety features. It would be hard for a tall person to get in with a hat on.

05 GT wagon
By payson on 05/06/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in our 00 Sienna van. My husband and I both enjoy driving it. Sporty, fun to drive, good cargo room for family. Nice alternative to an SUV.

2005 6Wagon
By Gary on 01/29/07 08:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far my Mazda6 Wagon has been a blast to drive. The sportshift auto keeps it interesting. It's been on three long trips (3 dogs-in back, bikes on roof, luggage on rear seats). Despite the seeming clutter of all that, it was surprisingly comfortable. Plenty of leg and headroom. On another trip, I had four bikes on the roof, all the gear in the back and 3 passengers beside myself. There was still plenty of room. The car is built solid...no rattles. The engine has plenty of power and is smooth (with the traction control turned off). The only problem, and it's small, is the ticking noise (not the cams) just behind the passenger-side firewall. It's a solenoid that Mazda won't repair.

Move over Mercedes
By Freddy on 09/04/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a 320 Mercedes wagon. With 50% better gas mileage, more power, a better sound system, and an interior with real leather to boot, I'll never go back to Mercedes! Oh, did I say at half the price? I have read several reviews of this car, and they are off base when discussing the V6 powerplant. This thing rocks on the highway with the 6 speed automatic. Beware however that this car is hard to equip for towing, despite what my dealer promised me.

Great Wagon with Sports Car Feel
By MN Snowman on 04/22/06 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s Sport 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my '02 Passat for the wagon ... that lets my wife drive a sedan rather than her Volvo wagon. I was impressed with the interior design/colors and the exterior color (I have the Firemist red with tan interior ... looks very sharp and I've gotten a number of favorable comments). I've liked the responsiveness of the engine and the manual transmission is very nice. We've taken two longer road trips (one at 2200 miles and the other at 1200 miles) -- it's a very comfortable highway car. The Sirius radio option is a delight on highway cruises as well. Around town, it gets decent mileage and handles well. I'm pleased with the purchase & the end-of-year discounts!

somewhat disappointed
By adrianne on 04/16/06 22:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Four months new and under 3K miles, so not enough info on mechanics, etc. I do a LOT of errands and have some things I love and HATE, namely: shifter - "sporty" automatic zig-zag maze made like a manual. Having carpal tunnel and shifting 10x or more a day between PRD absolutely kills the hand/wrist. Pickup: extremely slow and extremely jerky, and I mean with a pronounced jerk when stepping on gas. A full 1-1 1/2 seconds to kick in, which makes it useless to dangerous when passing and power/speed is needed. Test drove 20 minutes or so but never noticed the bad pickup, and shifting wasn't done as many times as would be done in a normal day, so it wasn't noticed. HATE radio volume depending on speed!

1 2 3 4 5 next »