2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
True Zoom
By sydtron on 01/21/14 09:30 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Going into my fifth year (at 92000 miles) with my 2005 Mazda6S GT, I'm still enjoying the driver oriented experience baked into this car from day one. Only reliability issues I've encountered are the headlights burning out and a strut bearing causing noise. Otherwise, taking good care to replace general maintenance items has kept the car in good working condition, and I don't baby the car. The relationship between driver and car, in regards to seating position, steering, throttle, and general feel is fantastic. Refinement could be better (2006+ models are noticeably more refined), but I enjoy this car every time I drive it. New sport shocks, springs, and larger rear sway added.

Love my Mazda 6 (5-Door Hatchback)
By sdanthny on 04/24/12 16:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 in early 2006 and still own it. It's paid off, has been without warranty for 2 years and I have not had any problems with the car warranting me to shell out money to get it fixed (besides regular maintenance of course). Luckily for me, any of the problems I have had with the car were rectified when I still had a warranty. Needless to say, I have 60k miles, 80% life on my brakes left (changed in '08 due to a caliper flaw) and the car purrs like it did brand new. I must say the car does NOT sound like a 6 yr old car. It still is flashy on the road (bright red) and is a blast to drive on the freeway flying by everyone else in their mundane vehicles. Hell yeah to Mazda!

A Fun Driving Companion
By Becker on 08/31/08 23:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this new as my primary car. We'll start with the downs. This car gets horrible mileage for a midsize family sedan. It gets around 17/25. It also is not the quickest in a straight line (a V6 Camry will smoke it). But now the ups. It is a good looker in and out, and has decent space all around. It is also a quality product. It is a great tourer and is comfortable for the long and short haul. But by far the best thing about this car is that it is fun to drive. It is very sporty and carves corners like a pavement scalpel. This car is just a laugh and it's great. It will do standing front drive burnouts all day long,& it will take a racing line around a neighborhood like a pro. It's great!

Zoom Zoom Ping Knock Clunk
By Stuart Summers on 07/05/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Poor performance and reliability. New 6 speed constantly needs to be recalibrated. Ticking noise from valves requires valves to be retorqued. Throttle assembly went out, and now there is a knocking noise coming from the engine between 700 and 1200 rpm. Not a purge control solenoid as told by dealer and manufacturer. Let the buyer beware.

As Good as The Best
By jim on 10/27/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for an entry level luxury car for several months. My problem is that every time I test drive an Acura TL, Infinity G35, BMWi, I get back into my Mazda and say "big deal". My two year old Mazda drives just as good as the luxury cars and after two years it still drives as quiet and firm as the day I bought it. The only exception has been the Lexus 330, but this car is deliberately not billed as a sports sedan so it does have a quieter and softer ride. P.S. The exterior styling of the Mazda it still as good as any of the luxury sports sedans.

Slick Mazda6
By Truck on 08/02/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Mazda6 5 door in April and I took the vehicle on several trips. The comfort of the vehicle and ride made the trip very good. The look of the vehicle is different from the Camry or Accord -- slick and low profile. This attracted me to the car. Stereo system package (Bose 200 Wt) -- I don't feel that I have to upgrade a thing with it. Overall I am extremely happy with the vehicle and can't wait to see what Mazda comes up with in the next 6 years or so to surpass the Mazda6.

Zoom Zoom!
By Anthony Saturno on 08/01/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is after driving 1200 miles. Wanting to replace my '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, I drove the Mazda, and a Pontiac G6. The Mazda was clearly the better automobile. The steering has a nice weight and feel to it. The car handles like a sports car, yet the ride is not jarring. The leather seats are very supportive. I love the 6 speed automatic and the ability to shift myself. And the color, Lapis Blue Metallic, is stunning.

Good stuff
By joshua on 07/05/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just a well built and very solid car. Handles well,smooth engine and transmission. First time I have had auto climate control and love it. This feature needs to trickle down to cheaper cars in every brand. You all out there should take a look at this rig.

Anthony's Mazda6 review
By Anthony on 06/22/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my Mazda 6from St. Louis to San Diego and back and it's just what I expected. It has a very smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission and nice acceleration; the interior seems to get a little uncomfortable after a long period of time; the 200 watt Bose sound is awesome and easy to use. Itís the most fun car I have ever driven. This is a great car for people who enjoy driving or like to make it fun. I was amazed at how this car grips the road. I tried to throw it around a little bit but it kept griping the road so thatís great. I highly recommend this car for all driving conditions.

Great car for the price
By Vicky on 06/12/05 13:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had previously owned 3 large SUV's. Didn't know how I would like a small car. Got in the car and have never looked back. I feel very safe in the car and love the sporty look and feel of this car. This car also takes curves and turns wonderfully. Only dislike is the powder on the wheels from the brakes? Love everything else. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.