2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mazda6 - from a teenage perspective.
By new driver on 10/20/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The lesson car I learned to drive in was a Toyota Corolla, with extra brakes that the instructor could use. Nothing too special. The first time I got behind the wheel of my new Mazda6, I was in awe. It's fun to drive, with an enthusiastic acceleration. The maneuverability is great too. This car has a lot of personality; it's eager to please, and craves speed.

I love the Mazda 6
By Susy on 09/07/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Mazda 6; before this one i had a 1994 Mazda 626 and I also had a great experience. I would recommend everyone to get a Mazda. What I love the most about them is that they are economical when it comes to gas money. I also love the exterior of the cars. I hope that as the years go by they continue to improve the cars.

best looking sedan on the road
By ddm1 on 08/23/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just reached the 5000 mile mark and not one defect noticed. Car is very quiet even with 17 inch wheels and 50 series tires, Gas mileage last week on 500 mile trip with 4 adults, four sets of golf clubs and luggage that all fit in the trunk was 29 mpg U.S. gallon or 35 mpg. CDN Imperial gallon. Cruise was set at 70 mph, air on and strong headwind both ways on trip. The manual shift mode on the auto transmission is perfect for highway passing and great fun around town. My car has no rattles or squeaks and makes Camry's and Accord's look boring. Handling is excellent.

Mazda6
By Jane on 07/17/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so much fun to drive! It handles great, and looks cool too! The size of a sedan, but the looks of a sports car. This is the first car i've ever bought, and I have no regrets!

My 6
By Happy 6 Owner on 05/24/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Since I've only had my 6 two months, I can't say how well it will last or whether or not it'll break down at the least opportune moment. I can say, however, that it's been a blast to drive it. The handling is very nice, and the color is fantastic (I have blazing copper metallic - very cool). I love the leather seats, and my parents love the "wall of airbags" and steering wheel mounted controls. One negative thing I've noticed is that it takes awhile for it to really accelerate (I think that it's due to the automatic transmission - it has to be pushing the gears to the edge before it shifts). Everything else about the car I love - it is my first car, after all.

Good but not Great...
By generalpipe on 05/11/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this Mazda6 last November I did not intend to buy a Mazda. After driving it I liked it, but still reluctant. I read the reviews in the New York Times and went back to Carmax for another test drive...and brought it home. Fit and finish are above average; not too big and not too small, just right for me, 5'- 10" at 160lbs. Lots of get-up and go from a powerful 4 banger, 160 horses in the higher revs. It will get you on the freeway and back off. In the stop and go traffic of Houston heat I worry about overheating, but have put Mobil 1 oil to help with heat dissipation. We have had 90 degree days and no problem yet - wait till August.

Solid Performer
By Skyline on 02/01/05 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with the quality build of this vehicle. For a 4 cylinder engine, it's very smooth and punchy. The ride is very comfortable even on 4 hour trips. Interior is solid and functional. The handling is superb for this vehicle's class; it's precise and confident. I can imagine the ride to improve vastly with the V6 engine. It's a great daily commuter with a sportier flavor to it. Spirited driving is not a problem with this car.

fun to drive
By Myslandi on 12/11/04 19:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This little four banger really takes everything you can give it and wants more. I was going to buy a V6 but, the four was just as much fun and really flies up the hills and never talks back. used to have a dodge stratus ES V6 and this is way more fun to drive.