Used 2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Mazda6 - from a teenage perspective.
By new driver

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The lesson car I learned to drive in was a Toyota Corolla, with extra brakes that the instructor could use. Nothing too special. The first time I got behind the wheel of my new Mazda6, I was in awe. It's fun to drive, with an enthusiastic acceleration. The maneuverability is great too. This car has a lot of personality; it's eager to please, and craves speed.

Favorite Features

Maneuverability, fun exterior design, comfortable interior, lots of trunk space, lots of interior compartments.

Suggested Improvements

More seatbelt adjustments would be nice (I'm small, so the seatbelt is always in my way).

I love the Mazda 6
By Susy

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Mazda 6; before this one i had a 1994 Mazda 626 and I also had a great experience. I would recommend everyone to get a Mazda. What I love the most about them is that they are economical when it comes to gas money. I also love the exterior of the cars. I hope that as the years go by they continue to improve the cars.

Favorite Features

AC, exterior design, interior design, well built, and that the car is reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Price, because the car is expensive.

best looking sedan on the road
By ddm1

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just reached the 5000 mile mark and not one defect noticed. Car is very quiet even with 17 inch wheels and 50 series tires, Gas mileage last week on 500 mile trip with 4 adults, four sets of golf clubs and luggage that all fit in the trunk was 29 mpg U.S. gallon or 35 mpg. CDN Imperial gallon. Cruise was set at 70 mph, air on and strong headwind both ways on trip. The manual shift mode on the auto transmission is perfect for highway passing and great fun around town. My car has no rattles or squeaks and makes Camry's and Accord's look boring. Handling is excellent.

Favorite Features

Looks inside and out, 2.3 litre engine has plenty of power for highway passing and the manual shift mode on the auto tranny is so easy to use. Gas mileage has been excellent for a car of this size and options.

Suggested Improvements

Lights for all switches on the driver side power windows.

Mazda6
By Jane

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so much fun to drive! It handles great, and looks cool too! The size of a sedan, but the looks of a sports car. This is the first car i've ever bought, and I have no regrets!

Favorite Features

looks of the interior, plenty of storage space inside, huge trunk, it says hello when i turn it on! driver seat lifts up, good for short people!!

Suggested Improvements

a little bit better gas mileage would be great.....but besides that i wouldnt change anything!

My 6
By Happy 6 Owner

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Since I've only had my 6 two months, I can't say how well it will last or whether or not it'll break down at the least opportune moment. I can say, however, that it's been a blast to drive it. The handling is very nice, and the color is fantastic (I have blazing copper metallic - very cool). I love the leather seats, and my parents love the "wall of airbags" and steering wheel mounted controls. One negative thing I've noticed is that it takes awhile for it to really accelerate (I think that it's due to the automatic transmission - it has to be pushing the gears to the edge before it shifts). Everything else about the car I love - it is my first car, after all.

Favorite Features

I love the Bose sound system, the leather seats, the cool clean look of the car, the spoiler, the finish, the wheels, everything. It's a great car.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion I have is to not force the gears to absolutely be grinding amongst themselves before shifting to the next highest gear (I really notice it when I'm getting on the freeway - it takes awhile). That's it, though.