Used 2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Still going strong at 95,000 mi.
By Richard D

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Dec.'06 with 21,000 miles on it. After a few minor issues due to the previous owner's neglect, it has provided me with years of trouble free, reliable transportation.I still love to drive the car even after all this time. I keep up with routine maintenance,(oil and filter change, tire rotation , etc. ).When the time comes to retire this one, I'll probably look to a newer model 6 , consider me a repeat buyer.

Favorite Features

The reliability of the car is probably one of my favorite features , it is also fun to drive , comfortable on longer drives, looks great , very economical, good value for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Fun For The Money
By Mark Hartley

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive for a four cylinder and gets good mixed gas mileage, 28mpg, for my weekly commute. Great buy for a healthy combination of sporty, frugal and roomy, im 6' 4".

Favorite Features

Nice 17" rims on the base car makes it look a lot more expensive than it was. Good looking integrated audio screen.

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seats could be of better quality.

I think I got a lemon?
By harleyhoney

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6 brand new, I thought it looked really cool, I owned it til 6/2008, I only had about 25K on it... things were always wrong with it, first thing my headlights kept burning out I went thru 4 sets of bulbs over a 1 yr time frame next the transmission would shift randomly, and clunk all the time, dealership said nothing was wrong with it. Blew out vacuum hoses, brakes went out, battery was shot after 1 yr, there were many other things. The seats were hard as a rock, it was not safe on ice, handled very badly always got stuck in the snow, traction control (what a joke) the dash scratched so easily. I was not very happy with this car, I was so happy to trade it in.

Favorite Features

Very sporty looking, decent stereo (yet I replaced with aftermarket), good gas mileage, great torque for passing, dash color

Suggested Improvements

Needs more leg and head room, I'm 6ft tall and hit my head everyday on the pillar, if was difficult to have passengers, softer seats, separate the stereo from the heat (they did in 06 model), fix the wide steering prob

Superb Car
By Christy

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third year with this car and it hasn't disappointed me yet. I have not had a single major problem, just usual maintenence. I highly recommend this for a driver looking for a cheap, reliable quality sport sedan.

Favorite Features

Design/performance.

Suggested Improvements

More universal radio.

Highly recommended
By zoom

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda 6i sport in August 2005, brand new. Got a great deal on it, and have not regretted it once. I wanted one because of its sporty handling/appearance. I drove an Accord and was bored, then I drove the 6 and I drove it home the next day. I can't wait to see what the 2008 is going to be like. Hopefully at least as sports car like as the curent model. Love it and will buy another.

Favorite Features

Ride/handling. Sound system. Gauges. Just love the overall feel of the car, whether driving on a highway or twisty back roads, can't be beat for the money.

Suggested Improvements

More engine power is always a good things, but no complaints from me.