Used 2005 Mazda 6 i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great handling but be careful over 150k!
By Heather p

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2005 Mazda 6 for two years and she is an amazing ride, with a great heart (engine) and excellent get up and go. Unfortunately once I hit 160k regular maintanence didn't cut it. $2200 Later: struts, control arm, tires, headlights, tailights, stereo lights are burnt out and the shifter lights are dead. I love this car but the older she gets the more she costs.

The Pros and Cons of a Mazda6
By jcurve

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L 4-cylinder engine found in the Mazda6 is completely adequate for most people, but when combined with the body of the Mazda6, causes some noticeable deficiencies.

1) The body weighs too much overall.
This leads to mediocre acceleration.
I will say, however, the speed and power available on long uphill grades is above average.

2) The body is low-profile.
This means you can't put standard chains on the front tires.
Only cables or low-profile chains (which are extremely expensive).

3) If you drive much past 90 mph, the downforce winds and centrifugal force on the tires cause the tires to rub against the wheel wells.
The engine is capable of more than the body can take

I love the orange interior lights at night. Feels like I'm driving the Batmobile. I've also gotten a few complements on the body style of my Mazda.

1) Raise the vehicle enough to allow chains and eliminate the problem of tires rubbing against the wheel wells. 2) Reduce the overall weight or make the engine bigger to improve acceleration.

My First Car
By bullrunlover

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As this being my first vehicle, it was a good choice, especially with TCS (Traction Control System), I've had it for almost a whole year and mine has 68,500 miles. The only problem I've had with it was the A/C, which doesn't blow very well, and a terrible creaking noise coming from the engine area when I rev it or turn on the A/C.
The brakes are amazing, they have to go through pretty bad situations in my area due to bad drivers. The build quality of the interior is pretty bad, the fuse door and some of the unnecessary bits and pieces have came off and I've had to put them back on while driving, which can be dangerous. But overall, this car has been one that I'd keep until it's inherited.

I love the red color, it matches the black interior, especially at night! I love the sleek body style, it shows how cute it is and also how it has its mean side. The seats are really comfortable, I feel good doing a 200-300 mile journey without having to stop due to a cramp or if my foot has fell asleep. Even though I don't use them, I love the rear foldable seats, even though the trunk already has enough space already. I love the fact that it loves to rev, the 2.3 liter Inline 4 is powerful enough to get the job done. The 18 gallon tank is pretty good aswell, which is handy for long trips and for school.

The interior style is slightly bland, it's okay but it needs some work. The interior build quality is pretty bad, unimportant pieces tend to fall off or pop out. It needs a few more AC Adaptors for the backseat, they charge their phones too.

cnt wait for summmmmer
By jenjen123

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I always loved my car but terrible terrible in the snow. Dont feel safe at all with even an inch on the ground. Slides all over n gets stuck constantly with barley nothing on the ground. Last winter spun out of control
going barley 20mph almost totaling my car n this winter its been one aggravation after another.
Any time i see even the slightest bit of snow fall i hope i have no where to go because i never felt so unsafe in any car. Think its time to trade in for a truck :(

mazda 6i
By chefkrick

purchased mazda 6i with 85,000 KM
Have it now 1 year.
Looks and drives like new, no issues.
Fun to drive and looks good.
added a few mods, LED lighting and Hids.
no issues at all for an older Mazda.
When its time for a new car I will definatly purchase a new Mazda 6.

Fun to Drive Nice Appearance Comfortable seats dependable