2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
The Pros and Cons of a Mazda6
By jcurve on 01/25/14 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L 4-cylinder engine found in the Mazda6 is completely adequate for most people, but when combined with the body of the Mazda6, causes some noticeable deficiencies. 1) The body weighs too much overall. This leads to mediocre acceleration. I will say, however, the speed and power available on long uphill grades is above average. 2) The body is low-profile. This means you can't put standard chains on the front tires. Only cables or low-profile chains (which are extremely expensive). 3) If you drive much past 90 mph, the downforce winds and centrifugal force on the tires cause the tires to rub against the wheel wells. The engine is capable of more than the body can take

My First Car
By bullrunlover on 10/28/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As this being my first vehicle, it was a good choice, especially with TCS (Traction Control System), I've had it for almost a whole year and mine has 68,500 miles. The only problem I've had with it was the A/C, which doesn't blow very well, and a terrible creaking noise coming from the engine area when I rev it or turn on the A/C. The brakes are amazing, they have to go through pretty bad situations in my area due to bad drivers. The build quality of the interior is pretty bad, the fuse door and some of the unnecessary bits and pieces have came off and I've had to put them back on while driving, which can be dangerous. But overall, this car has been one that I'd keep until it's inherited.

cnt wait for summmmmer
By jenjen123 on 02/01/11 07:59 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I always loved my car but terrible terrible in the snow. Dont feel safe at all with even an inch on the ground. Slides all over n gets stuck constantly with barley nothing on the ground. Last winter spun out of control going barley 20mph almost totaling my car n this winter its been one aggravation after another. Any time i see even the slightest bit of snow fall i hope i have no where to go because i never felt so unsafe in any car. Think its time to trade in for a truck :(

mazda 6i
By chefkrick on 12/29/10 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

purchased mazda 6i with 85,000 KM Have it now 1 year. Looks and drives like new, no issues. Fun to drive and looks good. added a few mods, LED lighting and Hids. no issues at all for an older Mazda. When its time for a new car I will definatly purchase a new Mazda 6.

The new love of my life
By Rhodes44 on 06/22/10 06:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a chevy blazer, 1999 that i traded in. I had way to many problems with it. The first and only car i looked at was a SILVER MAZDA 6. I loved how spacious this car is and all of the room in the trunk. I took that baby for a test drive and truly felt how clean she was. this car hugs corners and is such a blast to drive. Best way to describe it would be clean all around. My car was owned by one person, previously and had 52,000 miles. I would be using my car for work and also pleasure. My daughter and I drive to va beach alot, close to once amonth and have not had any type of issues so far. Even my boyfriend loves the way this mazda drives and cuts around corners. Very clean and sharp.

Owned it for 5 years now
By B Davis on 04/07/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new almost 5 years ago. Just turned 70000 miles. 4 cylinder 4 speed automatic. Have had no major problems. Transmission shifts a tad hard from 1st to 2nd when cold, but dealer found nothing wrong. Just learned to baby it for the first 1/4 mile. I find I use the manual shift mostly, especially on back roads when I want to keep it in 3rd gear, and not let it go to 4th gear. Overall very pleased.

What a nice ride!
By Zach on 06/28/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to over 15 locations to find a Mazda 6 in my area. Now I know why they are so hard to find. This is one of the best mid sized sedans for the buck! I found a beautiful Sonic Blue 2005 Madza i sport 6 sedan and it was a major upgrade from my 94 Olds Cutlass Cierra to say the least. The handling of the Mazda 6 is very good and the speaker system is above average (No Bose). My mother drives an Acura TSX and she wants to trade with me. Bought at 57000 miles. Now at 63000 miles.

Good car for the money
By ddcast1 on 01/17/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for work. I drive a lot and needed something good on gas and not to expensive. So far I am happy with it. I have put 10000 miles on it and only have one complaint. The transmission doesn't shift properly all the time. Doesn't happen enough for concern and the dealer said they couldn't find a problem. The ride is nice and it looks great.

*Please Read*
By Rman on 01/13/09 13:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car a little over 5 months ago. Within the 5 months, 3 headlight bulbs burnt out, license plate light burnt out, needed to do tcm and pcm reprogram, replaced both front brake lines, replaced both front axle boots and cv joints, cigarette lighter blows every fuse you put in, both front and back brake pads were replaced, display clock flickers. I am being a truthful person here. Do not always rely on reviews. This one is getting sold or traded in.

Love My Mazda
By SHERUNR on 02/07/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken my Mazda on several road trips down to North Carolina. (four hours away) The ride has always been smooth and comfortable. The vehicle does not shimmy, shake, overheat or show any signs of unreliability. I always feel safe in my car. Never once has it taken more than one tank of gas to complete the trip.