2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
The Pros and Cons of a Mazda6
By jcurve on 01/25/14 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L 4-cylinder engine found in the Mazda6 is completely adequate for most people, but when combined with the body of the Mazda6, causes some noticeable deficiencies. 1) The body weighs too much overall. This leads to mediocre acceleration. I will say, however, the speed and power available on long uphill grades is above average. 2) The body is low-profile. This means you can't put standard chains on the front tires. Only cables or low-profile chains (which are extremely expensive). 3) If you drive much past 90 mph, the downforce winds and centrifugal force on the tires cause the tires to rub against the wheel wells. The engine is capable of more than the body can take

True Zoom
By sydtron on 01/21/14 09:30 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Going into my fifth year (at 92000 miles) with my 2005 Mazda6S GT, I'm still enjoying the driver oriented experience baked into this car from day one. Only reliability issues I've encountered are the headlights burning out and a strut bearing causing noise. Otherwise, taking good care to replace general maintenance items has kept the car in good working condition, and I don't baby the car. The relationship between driver and car, in regards to seating position, steering, throttle, and general feel is fantastic. Refinement could be better (2006+ models are noticeably more refined), but I enjoy this car every time I drive it. New sport shocks, springs, and larger rear sway added.

My First Car
By bullrunlover on 10/28/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As this being my first vehicle, it was a good choice, especially with TCS (Traction Control System), I've had it for almost a whole year and mine has 68,500 miles. The only problem I've had with it was the A/C, which doesn't blow very well, and a terrible creaking noise coming from the engine area when I rev it or turn on the A/C. The brakes are amazing, they have to go through pretty bad situations in my area due to bad drivers. The build quality of the interior is pretty bad, the fuse door and some of the unnecessary bits and pieces have came off and I've had to put them back on while driving, which can be dangerous. But overall, this car has been one that I'd keep until it's inherited.

Be careful over 100k
By rsavasta on 06/13/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my '05 Mazda 6 in 2007 with 20k miles. The car ran great, had lots of pep and was very reliable. After 120k miles I started noticing the oil level going down with no noticeable oil leak. It eventually would not start and when I brought it to the dealer they found that the valve seals were leaking and the PVC valve was blowing oil into the cylinders as well as the throttle body. After having the those 3 things replaced and spending $1500, it is running fine. Perhaps this is considered routine maintenance or the dealer ripped me off so beware.

Love my Mazda 6 (5-Door Hatchback)
By sdanthny on 04/24/12 16:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2005 in early 2006 and still own it. It's paid off, has been without warranty for 2 years and I have not had any problems with the car warranting me to shell out money to get it fixed (besides regular maintenance of course). Luckily for me, any of the problems I have had with the car were rectified when I still had a warranty. Needless to say, I have 60k miles, 80% life on my brakes left (changed in '08 due to a caliper flaw) and the car purrs like it did brand new. I must say the car does NOT sound like a 6 yr old car. It still is flashy on the road (bright red) and is a blast to drive on the freeway flying by everyone else in their mundane vehicles. Hell yeah to Mazda!

cnt wait for summmmmer
By jenjen123 on 02/01/11 07:59 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I always loved my car but terrible terrible in the snow. Dont feel safe at all with even an inch on the ground. Slides all over n gets stuck constantly with barley nothing on the ground. Last winter spun out of control going barley 20mph almost totaling my car n this winter its been one aggravation after another. Any time i see even the slightest bit of snow fall i hope i have no where to go because i never felt so unsafe in any car. Think its time to trade in for a truck :(

mazda 6i
By chefkrick on 12/29/10 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

purchased mazda 6i with 85,000 KM Have it now 1 year. Looks and drives like new, no issues. Fun to drive and looks good. added a few mods, LED lighting and Hids. no issues at all for an older Mazda. When its time for a new car I will definatly purchase a new Mazda 6.

Still going strong at 95,000 mi.
By Richard D on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Dec.'06 with 21,000 miles on it. After a few minor issues due to the previous owner's neglect, it has provided me with years of trouble free, reliable transportation.I still love to drive the car even after all this time. I keep up with routine maintenance,(oil and filter change, tire rotation , etc. ).When the time comes to retire this one, I'll probably look to a newer model 6 , consider me a repeat buyer.

Ready to run away
By youngbo718 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mazda 6 by mistake, I actually looking for Mazda 3. But when I finally came to see the mistake I have made, see that I was completely wrong. This vehicle is absolutely fun drive and fast. Its only waiting to press the gas and run away.

The new love of my life
By Rhodes44 on 06/22/10 06:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a chevy blazer, 1999 that i traded in. I had way to many problems with it. The first and only car i looked at was a SILVER MAZDA 6. I loved how spacious this car is and all of the room in the trunk. I took that baby for a test drive and truly felt how clean she was. this car hugs corners and is such a blast to drive. Best way to describe it would be clean all around. My car was owned by one person, previously and had 52,000 miles. I would be using my car for work and also pleasure. My daughter and I drive to va beach alot, close to once amonth and have not had any type of issues so far. Even my boyfriend loves the way this mazda drives and cuts around corners. Very clean and sharp.