2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
mazda 6 good but lowsy interior
By dead_catz on 12/01/13 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

First car, First of all it drove great and is fun to drive, i put a Cold air and magnaflow on her (2.3) sounded beautiful but the interior was a peice of trash, the LCD notoriously on mazda 6 went out great cool 150 bucks to replace... the mapbox above the radio sucked and the lid broke the 6 disc cd changer cds no longer cycle well... overall 90k miles no problems except for the trashy interior

Wonderful Car!
By Tylor Cartter on 04/01/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a used car. It is a 2005 Mazda 6 hatchback and have had it for about a month. No problems at all and runs great. The fuel economy has been great! I love it... It got into an accident but was repaired impeccably! The only thing that needed replacing was a caliper boot which the dealership replaced. I would definitely get this again!

Best Handling in its class
By Aviboy97 on 10/09/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving dynamics of the Mazda6 are just fantastic. The 2.3L 4 cyl could use more power, but at highway speed, it performs very well. Fuel economy is around 31 highway, and 25 around town. Overall, I get about 27 with mixed driving. Build quality and reliability have been excellent.

Mazda 6 ROCKS!
By Brian on 02/15/07 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was the first brand new car I or anyone in my family has ever owned and overall I have been extremely pleased with it. Good gas mileage, stunning looks, great safety features, and something a little different than what all the Toyota and Honda owners are driving that just blend in with the crowd, what more could you ask for.

Fun to drive! Great car!
By Chris on 01/24/06 22:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda6i hatchback automatic in August and I am very satisfied. Actually it has exceeded my expectations in comfort and driving experience. Gas mileage is average. I expected better since it is a smaller sedan. Acceleration for a 4 cylinder is excellent and the auto-stick is fun to use.

Lots of Fun, All Around Good Car
By Mike on 12/06/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car 6 months and so far no problems. Good looking car that is fun to drive. Engine is fairly powerful and can easily merge onto highways as well as provide good passing power. My only complaint is the lack of a 6th gear. At 70 mph, the engine is at 3,300 RPM's. I have never owned a car that did that and it can be loud if you go even faster. Maybe with the automatic it is not as bad or loud? Anyway, overall good car. Also, has great storage capacity with the hatchback!

excellent car so far at 3000 miles
By John on 10/17/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Sporty yet sophisticated enough for that 25-35 age range. Great interior room in front seat, back seat, and trunk (in the hatchback). Gas mileage is good, I get about 32 hwy and 25 city with the 5 speed 4 cylinder hatchback. Loaded with safety features (side curtains included). 4 year 50k warranty instead of normal 3 year 36K.

well worth the money
By jim on 07/29/05 22:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The new 6 is a gentle reminder of Probe gone by. The 4 cylinder has ample performance. Great curb appeal.

Best Sedan EVER!
By Eric on 06/17/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to get the V6 model, but couldn't afford it. Even though I had to "settle" for the 4 banger I am very impressed with its performance, gas mileage, and features. My last car was a Mazda MX-6 V6, and this has the same horsepower and performance, with better mileage and better interior. I love the sporty look and looks I get with this car! If you want a huge trunk (big enough to sleep in comfortably!). get the hatch -- you won't be disappointed.

Great Car
By Zoomdln on 05/11/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have always owned Honda's, but this car blows away my 2003 Honda Accord. The Mazda has better style, performance, and standard features.