2005 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Still going strong at 95,000 mi.
By Richard D on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Dec.'06 with 21,000 miles on it. After a few minor issues due to the previous owner's neglect, it has provided me with years of trouble free, reliable transportation.I still love to drive the car even after all this time. I keep up with routine maintenance,(oil and filter change, tire rotation , etc. ).When the time comes to retire this one, I'll probably look to a newer model 6 , consider me a repeat buyer.

Fun For The Money
By Mark Hartley on 09/06/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive for a four cylinder and gets good mixed gas mileage, 28mpg, for my weekly commute. Great buy for a healthy combination of sporty, frugal and roomy, im 6' 4".

I think I got a lemon?
By harleyhoney on 01/04/09 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6 brand new, I thought it looked really cool, I owned it til 6/2008, I only had about 25K on it... things were always wrong with it, first thing my headlights kept burning out I went thru 4 sets of bulbs over a 1 yr time frame next the transmission would shift randomly, and clunk all the time, dealership said nothing was wrong with it. Blew out vacuum hoses, brakes went out, battery was shot after 1 yr, there were many other things. The seats were hard as a rock, it was not safe on ice, handled very badly always got stuck in the snow, traction control (what a joke) the dash scratched so easily. I was not very happy with this car, I was so happy to trade it in.

Superb Car
By Christy on 04/30/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third year with this car and it hasn't disappointed me yet. I have not had a single major problem, just usual maintenence. I highly recommend this for a driver looking for a cheap, reliable quality sport sedan.

Highly recommended
By zoom on 08/30/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda 6i sport in August 2005, brand new. Got a great deal on it, and have not regretted it once. I wanted one because of its sporty handling/appearance. I drove an Accord and was bored, then I drove the 6 and I drove it home the next day. I can't wait to see what the 2008 is going to be like. Hopefully at least as sports car like as the curent model. Love it and will buy another.

Great Car
By CK on 05/26/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 24000 miles on it. I've driven it to school 40+ each way for a year now and also took it on two road trips - this car has gotten me there with no problems whatsoever. It's comfortable and reliable enough to get you where you need to go. Low range acceleration in automatic mode could use some work but I've gotten around that by using the triptronic to shift as needed. I love the steering wheel controls and large trunk space. All controls are easy to adjust while driving. Overall, I am very happy with the car, especially for the price.

Yellow Peril
By Vic on 02/20/07 03:14 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a gold 2.3 sporty, handles and sticks to the road beautifully. Most impressive car as my last Mazda was 12 years ago and that was the MX6. Stunning performance and reliability.

Joy to Drive
By Love to Drive on 01/13/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a race car. Hugs corners at whatever speed. Very stable at high speeds.

30,000 miles no defects
By dennis manuel on 09/10/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value, looks and not one defect or rattle after 30,000 miles. Best mpg was 30.6 US gallon or 36.8 Canadian imperial gallon at 70 mph with air and cruise, 2.3 four with 4 speed auto. 17 inch Michelins worn to wear bars at 24000 miles.

Mazda Sport 6 05
By 4 dr sport sedan on 06/25/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It has a lot of pep when you need to get into traffic or getting on the interstate. It's fun to drive.