2004 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Review: Would Buy Another Tomorrow If

2004 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Review

s Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Would Buy Another Tomorrow If I Had To
By slickride on

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda 6 in August of 2004. Has a 5 speed manual with sport package and Bose stereo. I have had zero problems with this car. Regular oil changes, new wipers every year (live in snow belt, CNY) and had to buy snow tires and new performance radials (I'm a sales man). I just rolled over 63,500 on the car and have had no major repairs with the exception of the front wheel bearing. Performance is excellent and gas mileage is great. Can't complain with 400 miles on a tank. Why anyone would buy anything else boggles the mind. Great quality and reliability for the money. The car was rear ended by an F150 at a red light, was fixed and no-one got hurt. That's reliability to me!

Favorite Features

Performance, audio system, reliability, steering response, just about everything. So much in a car for so little on the sticker.

Suggested Improvements

Put a 6 speed in the car. At 65 or 70 MPH, the car is at 3K on the tac. That would give better gas mileage. Put better wearing tires on the car to increase the wearing level upon purchase.