Very Good Choice
By fordmazda29 on
2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I have had this car for a week now and I can say that I really enjoy having this car. I purchased it used for $9k with 82,000 miles on it and this thing is loaded. I love the seats, they are supportive and comfortable. I love the stereo, the bass is good, but not overpowering. The speaker quality (bose) more than makes up for the lack of speakers. The engine makes a good noise, and is pretty quick. It doesn't take much to get this car up to speed. Unfortunately, the transmission is a bit dim-witted and definitely hampers the cars 0-60 time. I reckon that this car will do 0-60 more than a second faster if you went with the manual. Good build quality, good ride, and well equipped.
Favorite Features
The ride is good The steering is neither too light or too heavy (and offers decent feedback) The handling is good The sound system (if you go for the Bose system) is excellent. The seats are supportive and comfortable. The engine. The build quality.
Suggested Improvements
The automatic gearbox is dimwitted and hampers the cars performance. The turning radius is terrible. I have driven midsize SUVs with smaller turning radius than this. No Aux input jack (though I did have one installed). The sun roof should have a one touch open and close feature. Ground clearance is a little lower than I am used to. Although it has climate control, it is not dual zone. Automatic climate control requires A/C to be on (even when heating).