Love it!
By michiganman25 on
2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Bought my wagon in March 2010 with 100k on the odometer, now has 118k on it and going strong. The not so great: Just replaced shocks and struts, which was not cheap but now she drives like a new car. I've also replaced a belt tensioner and a power steering line in the year i've had it. The back hatch has always been tricky to open, and i havent been thrilled with the paint quality, but it still looks beautiful when its cleaned up. The good: Runs like a champ, tons of cargo space, nice interior, handles great, awesome bose sound system, and lots of other great options. I get compliments on it all the time, it is one sexy wagon!
Favorite Features
Bose stereo, heated seats, steering wheel controls audio controls, interior and exterior styling, cargo space-back seats fold down very easily to create flat cargo space, highway mileage is pretty good, handling. Power from the Ford-supplied V6 is good, motor has a nice, throaty sound when you really get on it. Not as fast or as smooth as my Accord V6, but still very satisfying.
Suggested Improvements
I wish an auxillary connection were standard. Clutch feel leaves something to be desired. Rear hatch mechanism has not held up. Paint chips pretty easily, which is an issue i've had with the japanese cars i've owned.It also seems as though rustproofing of certain parts leaves something to be desired. The power steering line i replaced was leaking because the gaskets corroded away, i just had a heat shield removed b/c the fasteners rusted off, and when my shocks/struts were being replaced the mechanic actually had to cut off my sway bar links b/c they were rusted on. This car has spent its life in the rust belt, so perhaps this is understandable. Overall, I love the car.