Mixed Bag
By Bobby on
2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I am easy on my vehicles and drive them for 10-12+ years. I hope this car passes the Toyota quality/dependability test. Inside quality seems good (although the small door forward of the shift lever comes unhinged and a lens on the lower driver door light fell out) Controls for the HVAC are dumb. Did any of the designers try to work these things? Knobs either need to project farther and have knurling on them or they need to be rotary dials. Ditto for the radio. The same goes for the multi-function stalks. Move the rear wiper to the dash and simplify. Fuel mileage stinks. I would like to see the 4 cylinder and 16" tires available in the full tilt wagon pkg. I hope reliability is good.
Favorite Features
Styling is very nice. Interior space is good. Panel fit very good. Warranty is generous. I hope NOT to use it.
Suggested Improvements
HVAC & audio controls. Package groups make it expensive. I wanted side airbags and had to spend $2200 to get them. 2.3l 4 cylinder should be available in wagon. 16" wheels are plenty for this vehicle. Some switch gear feels cheap. Dash lighting is not needed and too limited in control.