2004 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Evaluation By VW Passat GLX Ow

2004 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

Evaluation By VW Passat GLX Owner
By Gaspereaux on

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Really fun car! I would not be caught dead owning an SUV/wagon but, because of the nature of my projects, I need more than a sedan. I also want a car that has good performance. I bought it on Friday PM and we left Boston for Chester Nova Scotia Saturday AM. My wife and I found the controls and instruments to be well designed and the gas mileage to be reasonable (23.3 mpg at 79 mph) and (25.3 mpg at 75 mph). The car is very comfortable and I found that there was less road noise than in my Passat GLX. It's road handling is fantastic! I have a fairly aggressive driving style and I found that it took the corners of the Nova Scotia country roads effortlessly. Well done Mazda!

Interior design lots of places to hold drinks bottles of water etc. Controls are all easily accessable. Dogs are easily kept in back. Absolutely fantastic road performance! I have owned BMW 530, Passat XLS but they can't compete with the Mazda6 Wagon. Good gas mileage for high perf. car.

When the lights are turned on during the day - in foggy regions like Nova Scotia you tend to do this, I find that the instrument illumination is not quite bright enough....but the car is new and maybe I don't know how to adjust it properly. I'll check this with the dealer. Otherwise, BRAVO MAZDA!!