After many Toyota's, my first Mazda!
By Rob Bergeron on
2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
After many visits to Edmunds to review lots of cars, trucks, etc, I decided to focus on two hatchback/wagon types of vehicles to complement what I need to drive everyday. After test-driving the Malibu Maxx LT, and liking it, I still wanted to take a close look at the Mazda6 Sport Wagon. WOW! I am so glad I did! Gallo Mazda in Worcester, MA had a fully loaded Black Onyx Mazda 6 Sport Wagon with the Sport package. It has the Luxury Package, Bose, power sunroof, spoiler, and the best damn leather seats I have ever sat in!! All this for $21000! The car drives so smoothly, and the handling is better than anything in this price range (by far!). The hard work paid off....I made the right choice!
Favorite Features
The handling is terrific. The transmission is smooth, and the sport- trans is fun to play around with. The leather seats are more comfortable than I had anticipated. The exterior, especially with black paint, looks sleek and sporty. The red guages are very cool! Michelin tires are a great touch!
Suggested Improvements
More room needed between the front and rear seats in order to fold down the rears without the headrests hitting the back of the front seats. Some sort of trim guard for the sport trim on the rocker panels...feet and legs scratching the area already. XM satellite ready radio, perhaps.