2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
So far so good
By Zoom zoom on 05/09/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I jumped into the 'need another car' category last October, with gasoline taxing the middle class and below. I quietly looked for a late model, used vehicle and drove nearly everything out there. Plenty of used American cars, surprisingly plenty of Toyotas, Honda and Mazda were harder to find. When I drove the 6 its was perfect. Smooth, comfortable, room for my family, 30 mpg, and no up front hybrid cost.

Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
By burkarak on 04/13/06 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

All in all a great car for the money. Has a few rattles that the dealership has been unable to fix, but when you consider how fun it is to drive you don't really care. Everything is laid out and very accessible from the drivers seat.

Fun Car to Drive
By Peter Fahrney on 04/08/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After searching the market for such a car, I found and loved the Mazda 6. It is a perfect match for what I need and have not been disappointed. It is reliable, peppy, sturdy and comfortable to drive. The fold down seats are great for skis. My only frustration is the digital clock which automatically resets itself one minute slower than the actual time!

Mazda 6s Sedan blue
By Tobias on 04/06/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Compared to the Mazda MPV I used to drive, this is head and shoulders above that. The acceleration wont win you LeMans, but it is more than sufficient for daily driving needs. In order to get the side impact airbags that my parents so desperately desired, the purchase of the sports and entertainment package was necessary, including Bose sound system with in dash 6 CD changer mounted on and extremely sexy center panel, side skirts, moonroof, and spoiler. The only problem I have had are flat tires, which are extremely expensive to replace. I love the red glow of the instrument panel, and the ergonomics of the drivers side is just great.

ZooM FuN
By milan on 03/01/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have two Mazdas 6; one automatic V6 and my favorite V6 with manual transmission. To have every day fun on the road you really need manual. It jumps over the any car you name it. The automatic has that "manual" feature but it isn't same feeling like real manual it has delay. With manual you press less gas pedal and have immediate respond. Automatic you press half of the way and still nothing happens. The automatic is for nice and smooth ride. Have fun drive manual. No any problems with car -- 34000 miles.

2004 Mazda 6s
By Mazda 6s on 01/16/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I would have to say that my automotive preference is "luxurious sporty". I like cars that look good, handle well, and have enough power to do pretty much anything I want. The Mazda 6s is an absolutely fantastic choice if you are looking for the sportier version of an Altima, Accord or US class equivalent. The 6s handles like it's on rails, accelerates extremely well, and stops on a dime. The interior is laid out very well. I first thought it was a little "too much" but once I got used to it the interior is laid out perfectly. The best part of this car is the price. For a car that costs $7k less than an Altima you get a lot more car. Oh one more thing, the traction control really works.

Speedy 6
By TP on 11/22/05 12:24 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 6s back with all the goodies except leather which you don't need in AZ back in 10/04. After arguing with the dealer for 2 days I got the deal I wanted. This car definitely drives better then the Accord, Altima and Camry I test drove. I already have 25,000 miles on it.

Mazda6 s
By santosrph on 08/24/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, very pleased so far - only have 11,000 miles on vehicle. No problems or issues yet. Very fun to drive. I've had several 626's in the past and the "6" is much better. Better styling than the generic 4 door sedans in its class.

Great car for $$$
By G on 08/14/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the $$$ you can't beat. Plus, it has unique style that sets it apart from camry's, accords, and other mass- produced 4 doors that old people drive. Power is only good up top so you need to keep it there if you want to have fun. Handling is excellent - I owned a 91' 300ZX and this handles just as good. Interior style is good, though quality of materials is lacking. This is my third MAZDA - I will definitely purchase again. They seem to be the only manufacturer that can put all of the right peices together in one package. Not necessarily the best in any one category, but I feel it is best all- around.

Mazda 6 i (4 dr sedan)
By Jen on 07/18/05 03:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car! It is the perfect mix of classy and sporty! I used to have a 2 door car, but I really wanted a sedan after a while because I wanted easier access to my backseat, where I keep my school books... Also, I knew that I would keep the backseat neater if I had easier access to it! (I do!) However, I'm only 20 years old and I wasn't really looking foward to giving up the sportiness of my coupe! I am so glad I found the 6, with its four doors and metal detailing in front I feel like I own a very classy car, however with its rear spoiler and trendy lights my car satisfy my desire for sportiness too! I get lots of compliments on my sharp ride!