2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

s 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (63 reviews )
Love it so far
By hbomb on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Needed to get out of an SUV, and saw a sport wagon as a perfect opportunity. Compared this to Volvo V40 & VW Passat Wagon, and this one beat them both on ride, handling, and looks. Solid road manners, superb acceleration. Priced to sell

Great Wagon!!!
By gwagonman on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 6 wagon with 5M and haven't regretted a thing. Bose system is awesome, handling sporty, enough room for the kids. Took the family on a trip to DC and had a great ride there and back. Hit some bad thunderstorms, but the Michelins held the road like we were on rails. This car really is a family vehicle that handles like a sports car, has the room of a small SUV and 25-27 mpg on the hwy. All I wanted and more!

Not a wagon for wimps
By Zooming on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is close to a sports car for young families or 4 adults. The Teutonic suspension is stiff, seats are hard, the ride is firm-to-harsh. The steering is precise, very sensitive to input, and has good road feel. A blast to corner, flat and adhesive. Acceleration spirited once the engine winds up. The auto/manual shifter is no substitute for the real thing: too much automatic (with various lags, limits, and early upshifts) and too little manual— encourages pussy-footing. Tunnel vision to the rear. Compared to other wagons this could be a 10 (7 for cargo space). Don't know yet if improves on mediocre reliability of previous 626 model.

Sweet Wagon
By jhgough on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Took delivery of a steel gray Wagon with Luxury Package (black leather), Bose Audio, Moonroof, Sport Package, Side Airbags on 6/22/04. I have the roof side rails and bumper step plate on order at the dealership and will have them install it in a couple of weeks. I traded in a '98 Mustang GT and I have to say that as sad as it was to depart with the mustang the Mazda met and has even exceeded my expectations. This is an excellent vehicle and great value for the money even if you have to have all sort of other items (moonroof, bose audio) in order to get side airbags. Excellent driving characteristics and great space.

A fine addition
By FieryMango on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 6 addresses the ride shortcomings of the Protege, almost hovering in comparion. Wind noise is nonexistent, road noise is largely muted, though there is a slight hint of pavement quality transmitted through the steering wheel. The real charm of the car lies in the thoughtful interior design. The two- tiers center console, centar stack storage compartment, bottle holders in the doors, and other torage cubbies provide lot of options. The spring- loaded rear seats fold flat, and can be released from either a button on the seatback or a lever by the rear hatch.

Faster that you Think!!
By aregusters on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 6 wagon. Its great. I have so much fun. I had a Accord coupe 01. And I really liked that car. But, the 6 is a total upgrade. The handling is superb. Acceration is top-knotch. I was on the intersate the other day. And a mustang gt drove up next to me. The engine of the mustang was loud and aggresive. The driver quickly drove past me. So I said the heck. I will se what this 6 can do. I switched into manual. And I dropped into 4th gear. You thought that I had nitrous in the tank. Cause the car took off and me and the 'Stang were going at it. The 6 couldn't be shaken.

Mazda 6 S-Wagon is Awesome!
By tmarsh on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I stopped by the Nelson Mazda to test drive the Mazda 3 5-door. I loved that car, but my wife was concerned about cargo space on trips. Our salesman, Rob heard our concerns and introduced us to the S-Wagon. I had no intention of getting a wagon, but this wagon changed my mind! This car has a beautiful, sleek profile that screams performance. The interior has plenty of space, plenty of headroom, and is very confortable. The performance is terrific! The handling is exceptional and exactly what you would expect from a much smaller sports car. The BOSE 6- disc in-dash sound system is the best I have ever heard in a factory supplied system!

Mazda 6 s Sport Wagon/5-spd
By 351W SVO on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After two months of research, I'm pleased with my choice. The 5-spd was hard to find, but definitely the way to go - as long as you don't sit in traffic. Engine is smooth and features are abundant. Only complaints are a bolt, or something, rolling around in the console when I turn and a loose hook for the cargo barrier. Overall great value and would recommend to anyone looking for something practical yet sporty.

The anti-SUV
By hyper-dog on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Traded 2dr extended cab Tacoma for Sport Wagon with 5 speed manual. Needed more interior room, but did not want gas guzzling, top heavy SUV or full size crew cab truck. This car is great! More fun to drive than my last sedan ('98 VW Passat 1.8t/5spM), which had excellent driving dynamics too. The Mazda corners flatter and has better feel in the steering than the VW. I'd like a slightly shorter throw on the shifter, but the feel is good. Don't look in the mirror and you'd think your driving a sports coupe. Has as much cargo room as most of the 5 passenger SUVs but it's a lot more fun to drive and gets better fuel economy.

All the 'U', much more 'S' than SUV's
By fredjanke on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just picked up one of the first Mazda 6 Wagons available last week. About 800 miles into it, I am very pleased with my purchase. I understand the value of cargo room, but don't want to drive some boat that doesn't corner and gets crappy milage. Enter the 6 Wagon, with most of the cargo capacity of smaller SUV's, but with the ability to corner and accelerate without mpg numbers starting with a 1. The engine is a bit less torquey than I expected, but spin it past 3 grand and it gets fun in a hurry. The handling is stellar, as is the interior. It's a heck of a lot of sport, cargo room, features, etc. for the $. And I can still drive a manual!