2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Slowly Decaying Mazda
By Anti-Zoom-Zoom on 01/06/07 01:02 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Where do I begin.... Well at first I loved the car. I bought it with 5500 mile on it, now I have 18550. In this 10 months I have been to the dealership numerous times for maintenance. The headlights kept burning out, I had problems with my catalytic converter, air mass flow sensor, and now the transmission is bogging. If you want to change your cd player you have to buy a $300 dash kit because Mazda designed it that way. Also Mazda is one of the few companies that has no iPod integration kits. Also they're resale value is horrible. All in all I feel I was misrepresented when I bought this car. "Soul of a Sportscar"... Hah...more like "Soul of a Hoopty". This was my first and last Mazda ever.

Zoe
By Norm on 12/27/06 11:41 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this car. I have only one complaint and that is regarding the car stereo. Mazda made it nearly impossible to replace the radio with an aftermarket model. Or at least have the option to install an Aux input module for my MP3 player. Otherwise I love this car.

Mazda 6s
By nick c on 12/07/06 11:08 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive 20,000 miles a year and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with this vehicle. The performance is sensational. This car handles like it's on rails. The traction control actually works! This vehicle is very predictable in the snow and rain. Overall terrific value. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Great Car but don't buy one
By Dennis on 11/01/06 14:16 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new '04 less than 2 years ago. Loved the car for the price until clutch started to judder so bad car was not drivable. Mazda TSB 05-003/05 describes defective clutch plates. Mazda will not cover repair because car is more than 1 year old. Don't be left holding a $1300 repair bill for a defective car. Buy a Honda.

Mazda 6 S
By Duket68 on 09/06/06 21:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I compared the Acura TL, IS300, G35, Passat, and others before making the Mazda my choice. I was dead set on a V-6 so the S model was the only choice, too bad I didn't know gas would rocket up! After looking at all the comps, and for the price, the Mazda was the best choice in bang for the buck. I commuted and wanted something with some zip (or Zoom Zoom), the reason for the v-6 and just couldn't bring myself to pay the extra $10K for a TL, IS300, or G35. I got it all in a Mazda. I think Mazda is the sleeper; in 2004 when I bought my car you just didn't see that many Mazdas. So 27000 miles later, I still like my car, nothing is broken except for the wallet for owning the V-6. It's still fun!

Very satisfied.
By Nick Tishma on 08/11/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This Mazda has BMW-like handling at a lower cost. Reliability has been much better than domestics I have owned. The exterior still looks like new and the interior (leather) has held up well too. This car should last me another 6 to 7 years easily. I still enjoy driving it every day.

Can't beat it for the money
By jzn2tr on 07/14/06 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 S that I have now put 40,000 miles on, with no trips yet to the dealer for repairs. Had a 2003 S before that which was totaled in a wreck. I took the insurance check and immediately bought a 2004 to replace it - the best kind of statement of satisfaction. Used to drive Toyotas, but neither Toyota or Honda has any sedans that are fun to drive. This car is still fun, drives like an adult sports car. Main drawback is that, as equipped, drives very rough and noisy over rough roads. However, the original Michelins wore out after 38,000 miles and I replaced them with Goodyears, which helps quiet the ride. The 2003 I owned before was never as noisy as this one.

The family mans Sports car!
By Stoin3 on 06/22/06 21:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great looking, fun to drive machine, with all the little added features to keep you comfortable on the road. Sporty to be fun but room to tote the family with no problems. All in all great.

Just good fun
By bryan on 06/19/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my '04 6S 5-speed in January 06 with only 5500 miles on it; I've put 11K on it since then and have had no major problems. V6 has plenty of power, you just have to let it rev to get to it. Suspension is by far best in class for handling, almost as good as a BMW. Almost. Ride is fine on highways, but rough over city pavement, but that's not what it was built for so who cares. Comfy interior, fantastic seats, but climate control has mind of its own and is usually too cold. 3rd gear grouches when you rush your 2-3 shift, other than that gearbox is fine, shifts are relatively quick but clutch is pretty heavy for a family sedan. Mileage is crappy, I get 20 MPG (highway commute).

Good Car
By Robert on 05/18/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far the vehicle has been excellent. The style of the vehicle is incredible. It has good acceleration for being a 4 cylinder sedan. Very fun to drive.