Used 2004 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

nice car
By Dave

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car (2004 S sedan) as a demo, Got it for my wife. great car. have driven it 66,000 miles and have had 0 problems.It needed a new driver seat, but they replaced it under warranty. It still has the factory brakes on it. The interior is a little cramped for bigger folks.

style, color (ash) handling

better turn ratio, less road noise.

Great Car
By James C

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our '04 used, it had 90,000km on it, We've had it for about 3 weeks now and it's been a dream driving it. We shopped for over 1 year and found this to be the perfect car. We have a 9 month old daughter and needed a car that was big enough for everything we had to lug around, as well as be fun to drive. The 6 hit the mark. With the car seat in the center of the back seat (due to side airbags deployed from front seats) there is still enough room to put the front seats all the way back. The 3L V6 is a little big for what we wanted, but with the 5 speed manual, it's a lot of fun to drive and so far the fuel mileage seems to be good, even in cold winter driving (Canada).

Transmission has a nice feel to it when shifting. Interior/exterior look sharp. 17" wheels and dual chrome exhaust (that's the kid in me).

Side airbags could be top mounted curtain.

Mom with a sports car
By G Law

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda 6, I am usually one to trade a car after a year or two. This is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as I can. I love the way people think because it's sedan, it has no get up and go, I'm proud to say my 6 keeps up with the big dogs. My husband's Nissan is luxury filled but I love the sportiness of the 6 and prefer it any day of the week. Before my 6 I always wanted to drive his car and now he always wants to drive mine. The bold style turns heads and you can be a cool mom with four doors. Mazda hit the mark on this one. Routine maintenance is all it's ever needed and with that I'm grateful. My husband says it's deceptively fast!

V6 engine, dashboard controls, storage space for everything, sleek style, durability, and just a great car. I would buy another and another.

The rear window defrost could stand to work a little faster and the seats could be a little softer. Other than that everything's great!

Going on second 100,000
By MC

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in 04, traded in a Passat which was nice but had electrical problems. The "6" has been one of my favorite cars of my 30 plus years of driving. It is the only car i have actually kept for 100,000 miles and I plan to keep it another 100,000. I have done one spark plug replacement, one battery, new front brakes including calipers (ouch) about to put on the third set of tires Yokohama Avid 4vs got 55,000 miles better and cheaper than stock Michelins, and regular fluid changes. Leather still looks good, paint is great. Just had the radiator flushed and while at the dealer sat in a new 09--nice car a little bigger all the way around but it doesn't have the handy two stage console. Picky

Seats, stereo, handling, comfort the way it looks and reliability. I love this car.

None

Great Car!
By stephf

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car brand new. It has 90K miles on it now. I haven't had one problem with it so far. It has plenty of power. The rear spoiler really dresses up the car nice. It's an all round great sporty car to drive! I love it!

Illuminated dash, Bose audio, heated seats, sun roof.