Used 2004 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

uber fast mazda
By randy

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car which replaced my Mazda b-2500 that got rear ended and annihilated by a hummer. Great speed, acceleration, comfort, I love the red display at night. The shifter is notchy but smooth engine. I am a very aggressive driver and this car suits my needs. However, the accelerator seems to have a mind of its own when cruising for 4th or 5th gear (it revs by itself) and the dealership cant figure it out. But this car has a huge amount of space and I will keep driving it as long as I keep my distance from those hummers.

Favorite Features

speed, pickup (i left a civic si in the dust) and interior design

Suggested Improvements

smoother gearbox, fix problems

Not too bad
By treed67

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought car new. I think the automatic shifter is a little sloppy. When traveling at slow speed (like slowing down to turn) if I give it the gas to zip through my turn it will kinda lag. Or not downshift as I feel it should. Note if in manual mode no issue whatsoever. At 73000 miles my wheel bearings went. This turned into a month long nightmare with another area dealer trying to fix it. Took 4 return trips for them to finally figure out that one wheel bearing they replaced was bad. And by that point they also had to replace a hub as well. But they did get it fixed and not charge me any extra to fix. All in all I do like this car. If you like playing twister then getting into car should be ok

Reliable and Worth the Cost
By John K

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent and fun car to own.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling. Handling. Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Turning circle. Headlights.

Awesome Ride!
By BigT

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and have never regretted it. It is THE best car I've ever owned and plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off. With 73k miles on it so far the only things I've done were normal wear and tear items, new brakes, tires and a battery. I did have to have the radio antenna replaced because I knocked the old one off while washing the car. She still looks great and I get lots of comments on how nice it is. Not a rattle on her and she drives like a dream. It's a shame that the big 3 can't build them this good. Sporty style with a very comfortable interior. I'm 6' and weigh 280 pounds and am very comfortable in this car.

Favorite Features

Style, reliability, fun to drive, zoom zoom baby!

Suggested Improvements

I believe they fixed my only complaint on later models. That stupid antenna on the roof breaks pretty easily. Other than that, not a thing to improve!

Awesome Wagon
By Omar

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This wagon has been reliable since day one. I have done the oil changes on a regular basis, the only big thing so far was a vacuum leak. Fun to drive, nice paint job. Surprised Ford and Mazda have done a good job on this car.

Favorite Features

Bose system, drive, steering. Looks.

Suggested Improvements

None