Used 2004 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mazda 6-cess!

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my car to replace my totaled mazda b-2500. the only complaints i have is the notchy gearbox and various rattles but that's it. my mazda is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 lineup- no moon roof, automatic trans, leather, multi disk player etc. but the interior design is very good and roomy. cars good for aggressive driving and sounds the part too. some say it doesn't get enough horse power and mileage but mine with a aftermarket intake has 30-40 extra hp and 2-3 more mpg, so don't change the car change the intake.

pick-up, lotta space, ford built engine and car means parts and oil is cheap and easy to find+ easy to work on

smooth gear box, fix rattles, stronger headlights, shorter clutch and a coupe version of the 6 would be cool

Uber good mazda

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my mazda b- 2500 after it was rear ended at 70 mph by a much larger truck, its very roomy, comfortable, controls are easy but the gearbox is a bit notchy. car goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds with after market intake, the red display is cool, I am a VERY aggressive driver and this mazda seems to fulfill my needs. this is an easy car to work on if it develops any problems. the car i have is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 line but im still pleased. zoom! zoom!

acceleration,interior comfort, it is stable even at redline and sounds awesome

smoother gearbox and a mazda6 coupe version would be great

uber fast mazda

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car which replaced my Mazda b-2500 that got rear ended and annihilated by a hummer. Great speed, acceleration, comfort, I love the red display at night. The shifter is notchy but smooth engine. I am a very aggressive driver and this car suits my needs. However, the accelerator seems to have a mind of its own when cruising for 4th or 5th gear (it revs by itself) and the dealership cant figure it out. But this car has a huge amount of space and I will keep driving it as long as I keep my distance from those hummers.

speed, pickup (i left a civic si in the dust) and interior design

smoother gearbox, fix problems

Not too bad
By treed67

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought car new. I think the automatic shifter is a little sloppy. When traveling at slow speed (like slowing down to turn) if I give it the gas to zip through my turn it will kinda lag. Or not downshift as I feel it should. Note if in manual mode no issue whatsoever. At 73000 miles my wheel bearings went. This turned into a month long nightmare with another area dealer trying to fix it. Took 4 return trips for them to finally figure out that one wheel bearing they replaced was bad. And by that point they also had to replace a hub as well. But they did get it fixed and not charge me any extra to fix. All in all I do like this car. If you like playing twister then getting into car should be ok

Reliable and Worth the Cost
By John K

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent and fun car to own.

Exterior styling. Handling. Seats.

Gas mileage. Turning circle. Headlights.

• SUV