2004 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: 6 is one of the best!

2004 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

s Wagon (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

6 is one of the best!
By kiucool in MN on

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I literally test drove 10 different cars before I decided on either buying the 6 or the Subaru Outback. I finally went for the 6 because it is 1000's less than the Outback. I live in MN. Winter driving is part of out lives here. I found that the 6 handles the snowy days very very well, thanks to its all speed traction control. My wagon has the luxury and sport pack; makes the car looks really sporty and it's amazingly comfortable! The auxiliary heater is great for winter. Handling on dry pavement is solid and inspires confidence around corners. Headlights with intergrated fog lights makes driving in the dark a lot more visible and safer. The sport shift is a lot of fun. But downshifting to gear #1 is a little rough!

220 HP, plenty of power, makes merging on the freeway a breeze. Handles great in snow. Sporty styling. Luxurious interior (with luxury package). Solid handling, cornering is fun!

Rough downshifting from gear #2 to gear #1 when using the manual mode. Needs to make the headlights more easily accessible so changing the bulbs is not a 4 hours project.