Used 2004 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Check out Mazda 6
By RickNatalello

2004 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda 6 less than 2 weeks ago and I love it! I did the research online and drove at least 3 other cars (Nissan,Honda,Chevy) and the Mazda was my favorite. The style is sporty and on the same level as the Altima but at a better price tag. The interior is refined and classy - very well thought out (and not cheap looking). The car handles very well and I saved some cash and bought one with the manual transmission, wife can't drive it (yet) but it is very smooth to operate and I don't have any complaints/doubts about my decision. My advise, look around and drive different cars...but don't forget the Mazda 6!

Favorite Features

Styling, great handling, classy interior, great build quality, and great price.

Suggested Improvements

Be able to buy accessories online.

Very fun car
By chadrawson

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased a mazda after test driving all other cars like the maxima, focus grand am. Main thing that I like about this car, not only looks good on the outside but has the interior and the balls under the hood to back it up. For example my friend has a camamro z28, raced him and it kept up with him till about 80 then thats where the v8 keeps going, but lets face it, how many times you going to pass someone or go faster than 80?the mazda 3 and its interior and was fun to drive. But it has no thrust when your getting on the road or riding the throttle. Got the Bose stereo has a sub in the trunk included,

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, moon roof, very well illuminated and has a temp and cumpass. Very impresses with dimming mirror so at night no flipping the mirror, it dimms with other cars lights.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more fun acessories. Lets face it this car is the next street hot rod for the mid sized car world. Needs available chrome rims.

Love it so far
By hbomb

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Needed to get out of an SUV, and saw a sport wagon as a perfect opportunity. Compared this to Volvo V40 & VW Passat Wagon, and this one beat them both on ride, handling, and looks. Solid road manners, superb acceleration. Priced to sell

Favorite Features

Power drivers seat is the most flexible I've ever had. Front wheel drive gives me the confidence this will handle well in Michigan winters.

Suggested Improvements

Frankly, don't love the gauges, too big and showy. Not that classy a look. Can live with this being the worst thing on this car. Mazda dealers need to sell product and be less pushy!

Jim's opion
By jimmyduncan

2004 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far great car. My 5' 2" wife can see out and my 6' 1" legs have enough room. Its a hoot to drive on mountain roads.

Favorite Features

hanlding, comfort of seats

Suggested Improvements

Fifth gear in transmission

New Mazda6
By daiouvegeta

2004 Mazda 6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a wonderful car to drive, a lot better then any of the previous cars that I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

The manual shifting is fun at times. The hatchback model makes it a bit more sporty then almost any sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little better on the gas milage.