2004 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mazda6 is OK, not Perfect
By Stewart Crawford on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Generally peppy performance, but low- RPM torque not what I expected andcar has disappointing fuel mileage. Only average 19-20. My car is automatic, not manual.

Love My 6s
By hlj821 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No other sedan is more fun to drive than the 6s for this price range, period!

wow
By The Aggression on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is absolutly amazing. First of all it is a blast to drive. It handles great and the acceleration is perfect. Also the design. When i first got my car you can see people looking to figure out what model it was. It definetly turns heads. Now the interior, Best interior I"ve seen in awhile. Everything is right infront of you, controls on the steering wheel and all. The design inside is orignal and every one that's been in my car has loved it.

Most pleasing car I've owned!
By Bruce Emmons on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the GT V6 - 5 spd. Auto. with the ground effects package. It is the best handling & driving 4 dr. sedan that I have ever owned (I have owned over 60 cars). Handling is excellent, cornering is smooth & predictable. Brakes are excellent. The 5 spd. Auto. Trans. works excellent. The 6 cyl. engine has excellent power expecially for passing, mileage is good (30 - 32 m.p.g.) and the sounds it makes when accelerating are addictive. There is nowhere I would rather be than behind the wheel of this car!

Fun to drive.
By RI on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

V6 is one of the smoothest engines. The manually tranny is a perfect match and the shifts are nice and short.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Beezer on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my Mazda6s for 4 months and have loved every minute of it. For reference, I have the 6s with AT, sport package, moonroof, heated seats/mirrors,leather, Bose audio, and rearview mirror w/homelink. As other's have said, slow off the line but very smooth and quick performance past 20 m.p.h

By Kelman on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 3.0 V-6 Mazda 6 S. This car wants to go. You'll want to drive it in a low gear around town, so that the revs are up, and the horsepower is available. At low revs, it doesn't have much snap. But if you are cruising at 3,000 rpm, you can seriously surprise some of those high-priced sedans you're running next to.

Great Car
By stevesteve on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ive owned my Mazda 6 Classic sedan i4 for over 9 months and couldn't be happier. Styling inside and out is superb, handling, ride and engine performance are all fantastic.

Best Sports Sedan for the Money
By SJB1 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Mazda-6s by far is the best sports sedan for the money. I just traded in a 2001 Nissan Maxima that I paid 5 thousand dollars more for and this car blows it away in every category. The reviews and ratings on this car speak for themselves. Very highly rated automobile and well deserved. It also has a 4 year 50,000 mile bumber to bumber warranty.

Best Car in its class
By Stuna on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I only have 2500 miles on the car but it has been a blast to drive. I looked at everything out there and the handling alone won me over. Little slugish in the low RPMs but moves after 2700 RPM. Transmision seems to adjust during driving. Don't know if it a variable transmision or not. Love the interior. Cloth seats are very comfortable.