2004 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
A gorgeous sedan
By wilderness58 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a V6 5-speed with no options and since there are no such cars on any dealer's lot, I had to order. But the wait was worth it. My lapis blue Mazda 6 is beautiful, handles like it's on rails, and is quite fast above 3,000 RPM. If you're into performance and looks, you won't find any better sedan at $19,200.

Mazda6
By IceRef27 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After I wrecked my 02 Maxima, I wanted another sport sedan that wouldn't break the bank like the Nissan.....this Mazda 6 is a worthy replacement. While the V- 6 lacks a little power (compared to some other cars in it's class), it handles much more like a sports car than the Nissan ever did. The "fun-to- drive" factor is definitely high with the Mazda 6.

mazda6 review
By sammie on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

better handling than my 98 trans am

Great Car
By 6n on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had it now for 8 months and still can't wait to drive it every morning. Great all-aroud vehicle and more stylish than the plain looking Accords and Camry's. The manual transmission really complments the cars engine, more fun than ever driving this car. Zoom- Zoom

My Precious
By Barticus on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent handling makes this car not only fun to drive but a responsibility to drive it well and hard. It demands nothing less then tight turns and hilly roads so it can show you what it is to have a blast while driving.

Cool Car!
By bluetiger121 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem is the tranmission is very rough when switching gears especially in the mornings. I ahve the automatic. Other than that LOVE the car!

The Ideal car...
By Dustin on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is put together nicely. I can't imagine a four dour handling any better. It has okay power from a stop, but impressive power while on the move. In comparison to everything else like honda, toyata, nissan, and so forth, the 6 is a much better bargain. To get the V6 in the other competing models is much more expensive, and in the end all you would be paying for is a LITTLE more pick up from a stand still. Is that really worth a couple thousand? Not when you consder how well the 6 handles.

Best car I have owned!
By dalalli on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I read an article about the 6 in Popular Mechanics about 2 years ago. I loved the look that Mazda was going for and if it met with expectations, it was going to be a sweet car. I had looked at Altimas, Accords, Jetta/Passat, and the overweight Camry. I was ready to go with the Altima until I drove the 6. Love at first sight and drive! I ordered one with everything I wanted and picked it up as one of the first four to roll off the line for the 04 year. I've had it 2 months and love it. Still paid a ton less than any of the other cars I mentioned with the same package. Way to go MAZDA!

this is one fun sporty seden
By pchmz6 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

if you are looking for outstanding value in the mid size sporty seden this is it under 25k, s model v6 5 speed stick is the only way to go, comfort for 4 people and great looking car take it from me i had a 98 honda accord now that car was boring.This 6 i never get tried driving the car or looking at from all sides buy the 6 japan version of bmw!

A great car
By Clif on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I sold my 03 Accord for this car and am happy I did. It looks great, rides great and is a blast to drive. This car has personality. We got it loaded with the sport package, leather, and the Bose stereo system. It is the best looking sedan on the market and a joy to drive. If it is like my last Mazda, it should last for years with no problem. We put 2600 miles on the car in 18 days so far. It's just fun to drive!