Used 2004 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Most Helpful|
Mazda6 s
By santosrph

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, very pleased so far - only have 11,000 miles on vehicle. No problems or issues yet. Very fun to drive. I've had several 626's in the past and the "6" is much better. Better styling than the generic 4 door sedans in its class.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling - very fun to drive. Love 18 inch wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control - takes a while to get used to it and make it work the way you want it to. Manual controls are much easier.

Expensive
By kingshahid

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car was bought in 2007 at 180,000km. The car gave nothing but expensive bills for maintenance. One by one everything kept breaking down each month. No bill was smaller than $200. Its very consumptive of gas. It always had problems. The good side is has a very nicely designed car interior and exterior. When its working properly it can be comfortable and fun. Unfortunately Mazda failed at providing reliability - I always feared with this car if I would make it from point a to point b or not.

Favorite Features

Interior design, boss system, power everything, tiptronic.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption, Reliability

All In One!
By Craig Shamwell

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

How many all-in-one devices do you know that really do everything they are suposed to do, really well....not many? I don't know if Mazda really knows yet just how Good And Versitle my Mazda6 Five door really is. I have just eclipsed the 3000 mile mark and I am loveing this car more each day. And each day is important as you aquire the feel for the tight clutching that makes you really drive this car that wants to be driven. My wife and I recently hauled home a piece of furniture more than six feet tall. The seats fold down with ease to almost flat. With room to cart around my wifes two teenage daughters and their friends comfortably, this car never lets you forget that this is the Mazda6!

Favorite Features

There is nothing to dislike about this car. I have a 5Door, 4 cylinder 5 speed. No frills...Red...Silver gas tank cover...Coool! As much as love this car to drive, My favorite feature is its overall ability to do everything well. Seats five...Huge,Huge Cargo space...and too much fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

With some slight tweaking,the gear box would be welcome...But as far as driving...thats all! Interior wise I would like to see them use a softer material on the arm rests. Right now Mazda appliies a corded material that is somewhat irritating. I would also like to see different fascia coverings.

Fun little car!
By mrcook128

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I must confess that I got my 6 with the 5 speed auto. It is still a fun car. The V6 is very smooth but will start barking at about 4,000rpm. The car is fairly linear through the turns with great steering feel the whole way. The transmission has a tendency to hunt for gears. In two years I have done nothing more than routine maintenance every 6 months - a dream compared to my last car. I still have not gotten over how pretty this car is inside and out. With the hatchback design it swallows everything we need to carry. Gas mileage! It is rated at 19/26, but in mixed driving I never seem to do better than 18 or 19. Interior is comfortable but wind noise is abundant. Opt for the Bose!

Favorite Features

Love the smooth engine and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

V6s should be better on gas than this. The manumatic is a waste of time. The computer will override you left and right.

I LOVE IT!
By Ashley R.

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had my car for a few years now and can say that I'm very satisfied, I get so many comments on the car cause it looks like something that would cost a lot more then it actually dose. I get great gas mileage I get about 28.5 mpg. The car handles like a go kart, and has the looks to back it up.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, sweet looking car, handling, heated seats, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None the car is perfect hope they don't change the new ones much.