2004 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
My Best Car
By Louis Fuentes on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I ever owned in th last 29 years. I have driven from bmw's to vw's and this is one great piece of automobile for the money. I gave it excellent ratings because of its style, handling, and performance. Thanks Mazda, Thank you Holman.

Wonderful car
By Dogface on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Picked up a 6s manual fully loaded as a Xmas present to myself after months of research and test drives. I am thouroughly pleased with the car's handling, engine and interior. The rear spoiler is a little disco for me, but didn't want to wait 3 months for one without. The buying experience was good except the haggling over trade in value.

My Mazda6
By Mazda new fan on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda6 after selling Cadillac Eldorado. Wanted something with Europinian design. Interior and exterior design 10+. Driving is fun. My Cadillac had V8 and now I have V4 i do not regret that I have less HP. For daily work commute it is one of the best cars on the market. Plus, I didn't want to drive what most people drive: Honda Accord, Toyota Camry. My only complain: after 500 miles generator broke. I was upset because this is not what you would expect from the car with only 500 mile on it.

Great car
By Mick_StLouis_MO on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At 3,400 miles the car was struck in the rear on a highway and sent head on into a concrete barrier at near full highway speed. Every crumple point gave and passenger compartment stayed intact. Front was gone and part of the driver rear panel was embedded in the hood of the car that hit me. Was worth every star in its 5 star rating. Super built car for safety. Going to get another.

Almost Bought One
By gsemike on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I agonized over my Altima vs. 6 decision last March and ended up with the Alt. Just recently, I rented for a 6 and this convinced me that I made the right choice. The 6 is nice and sporty, but the Altima is more handsome and just all around nicer to drive. I didn't like the 6's seats back then and I still don't.

Amazing
By newmz6owner on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove three other midsize cars the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, and Subaru Legacy. Since I wanted a manual transmission and a V6 engine the three didn't compare to the 6s. I even drove all three with auto trans the V6 engines and I still wasn't as impressed than when I drove the 6s. I'm very, very happy with my purchase, and I really look forward to my drive to work now.

My 6 - Zoom Zoom
By ogreen32 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 7 months and I have loved every minute of it. It was a true head turner. Outstide of the looks, the performance is top notch. I have the 4-cylinder manual transmission and it is just a fun car to drive. The cornering is tremendous, the kick at 3000 rpms is a true crowd pleaser, and the overall responsiveness of the car is great. Anybody that wants to know about this car should check that out and most of you're questions will be answered. Well I've gone on long enough about the car, but there is just so much to say. If you have any further quesitons feel free to go to the forum (www.mazda6club.com).

eat that honda
By bpbrand84 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Im am a high school student who showed up a few months before graduation with a brand new mazda 6. What a mistake that was, I had to beat the people away from my car with a stick. This car was built for perfection and comes very closer and much closer than its competiors. I drove the Altima, Accord, and the Camry. The Altima was the only one from the bunch that was not as boring as the rest but it still also lacked something sportiness. Then came the Mazda 6 which hit on everything the other cars were doing and then kicked it up a not.

Should have thought twice
By NastiVehicle on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 6s is a blast to drive, but the quality isn't very good. I have under 6000 miles on the car and have had to have the dash board, the steering column, the center console, the radio, and the defroster replaced. The problem has come back among other terrible rattles in the back of the car along with problems the technicians caused. Other than the poor quality the car drives great, just crank up the tunes and try to zone out all the rattles. The body of the 6 is awesome with the sports grille and body kits you can get. If I had to do it again I would have gone with the accord or tsx.

love it so far
By clout_15 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Have the Stee Gray Metallic with cloth interior. Also got the appearance package with abs/traction control. Really fun to drive. Much sportier than the Honda Accord I use to drive. Much more than I expected as far as ride and handling